The Fran fade

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
I assume a NBA team will take Garza late in the 2nd round and will then stash him in Europe.
Ah, the classic Hok two-paychecks move. Or maybe he'll go with the other Hok classic: "told teams not to draft him in the 2nd round so that he could pick the right team fit as an undrafted free agent".

Last edited:

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Bart Torvik really likes Ulis. Maybe Hawk fans aren't crazy to think he might be something...
I probably don't know how to read these things correctly, but if CJ is their best player, why does he have the second lowest usage rate? He is playing 32 min but is only involved 16% of time with flow of offense? Sounds like a coaching issue.

1618519417631.png

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX

oVpylL.gif

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
If you only want the NBA to root for ISU players you’re watching it wrong. NBA basketball is a much better watch than college
Just think how awesome the NBA would be to watch if you could also watch former Hawkeyes play. Probably not that exciting to watch Cook sit the bench though.

Also, college basketball is awesome if your team is playing at a championship level which is something Iowa fans know nothing about.

• Agree
Reactions: nfrine

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Just think how awesome the NBA would be to watch if you could also watch former Hawkeyes play. Probably not that exciting to watch Cook sit the bench though.

Also, college basketball is awesome if your team is playing at a championship level which is something Iowa fans know nothing about.
Hey fella, I'll have you know that Cook is having a career year in the NBA. He nearly scored double digits once. He's making the most of his minutes. You can't expect him to get a ton of court time considering Detroit's powerhouse lineup.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyclonsin

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021

This post is too good

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneDaddy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Also, Hoks are the champions of polishing turds. They used to talk up Clemons and tout his defense and passing. The guy had really unimpressive assist numbers and used to get lit up by every shooting guard he played. They also love Connor (another turd) and tout his "toughness" and ability to feed the post. Same as they bragged about Flemings ability to feed the post.

And remember Woody? The guy could not block shots, rebound, and could barely dunk. Other centers ran circles around him. Yet Hoks polished that turd as well by saying he was a great "positional" defender.

They try really hard to find one positive about a player and then overvalue that one aspect of their game. Can't wait for next year to hear about how fast Low-T can play (turd), Connor's post feeding (turd), or some guy who can dribble with his left hand better than anyone.

Just wait until that Vulva kid gets on campus!

• Haha
Reactions: GTO

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If you only want the NBA to root for ISU players you’re watching it wrong. NBA basketball is a much better watch than college
The NBA is a blast to watch. They are certainly in the dull part of the season right now. A lot of stars sitting simply because they want to, waiting for the playoffs to start. Wake me up when that happens.

Oh, and having Cyclones in the NBA certainly does enhance the product, IDC what you say.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Yeah. Garza is probably the best player in program history. And Wieskamp should be in some sort of pantheon.

JoBo was a loudmouth and a turnstyle on defense, but the kid could shoot.

Life for "the rest of them" is going to get a whole lot more difficult without those guys around.

Dropping from a #2 seed to this...

View attachment 84151

...is certainly doing it.
Fred Brown might be better

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Fred Brown might be better

Certainly a nice NBA career, but was he a better college player?

The best NBA player in ISU history is probably Jeff Hornacek, but I don't think anybody would quite call him the best player in Iowa State history. Marcus Fizer is our only first-team AA, as far as I know.

I'd probably pick Fizer as the best player in school history, even if plenty others had better pro careers.