The Fran fade

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm saying if Frank devises a foolproof skim the rubes plan, he'll be back.
I think you've uncovered why Jorbo is pushing so hard for NIL. Get Garza payed for college ball, get him to come back for another Wooden award and 2nd round NCAA exit.

Reactions: Cytown12

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Doesn't really make a lot of sense in my mind. Guess TJ wants to start over fresh. Still kind of crappy to run a kid off that seemed like he wanted to stay.
TJ was a bag man for McDermott and for awhile under Fred. He is not above making these kind of moves, it shouldn't surprise you or anyone else for that matter.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Borderline top 25, but not even close to 5-10.
I think people need to adjust the baseline when comparing next year's Iowa team to this years. Yes, in a year with very few interconference data points Iowa remained a top 10 team. But it was very obvious they were not one of the best 10 teams in the country. Sorry, not close.

I know we like to talk about how the tourney is unpredictable, etc. But this year there were so many power conference teams in the tourney and games between them that it was about like having a good non-con slate. And the Big 10s failures as a whole were so overwhelming you have to conclude that the conference was incredibly overrated.

So you had Iowa clinging to a top 10 ranking solely on the strength of a decent record against a dramatically overrated conference.

We know the perils of using the transitive property in sports, but from Iowa to Oregon, Oregon to USC, USC to Gonzaga, and Gonzaga to Baylor you didn't have teams just lose. You had matchups where the loser was completely non-competitive and outclassed thoroughly. Iowa's best test was playing Gonzaga, who was fresh out of a COVID shutdown, and it was a snoozer.

Sorry, Iowa fan should be pretty concerned. It took a historic player, on an incredibly experienced team, in a season that gave historical advantages to experienced rosters to find the Fran Peak. And that peak is not belonging on the court in the round of 32 vs. a 7 seed that actually proved to not be all that good.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
@Nate STANley @Expert what is dumb and disagreeable about this? That Isaiah Moss was forced out by Fran or that he is a lesser talent than Bolton?
I never heard he was forced out by Fran.. I thought Isaiah told Fran his displeasures regarding his playing time and him playing Connor too much and Fran essentially said if he didn’t like it he could leave, and so he did.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think people need to adjust the baseline when comparing next year's Iowa team to this years. Yes, in a year with very few interconference data points Iowa remained a top 10 team. But it was very obvious they were not one of the best 10 teams in the country. Sorry, not close.

I know we like to talk about how the tourney is unpredictable, etc. But this year there were so many power conference teams in the tourney and games between them that it was about like having a good non-con slate. And the Big 10s failures as a whole were so overwhelming you have to conclude that the conference was incredibly overrated.

So you had Iowa clinging to a top 10 ranking solely on the strength of a decent record against a dramatically overrated conference.

We know the perils of using the transitive property in sports, but from Iowa to Oregon, Oregon to USC, USC to Gonzaga, and Gonzaga to Baylor you didn't have teams just lose. You had matchups where the loser was completely non-competitive and outclassed thoroughly. Iowa's best test was playing Gonzaga, who was fresh out of a COVID shutdown, and it was a snoozer.

Sorry, Iowa fan should be pretty concerned. It took a historic player, on an incredibly experienced team, in a season that gave historical advantages to experienced rosters to find the Fran Peak. And that peak is not belonging on the court in the round of 32 vs. a 7 seed that actually proved to not be all that good.
Mic Drop.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I never heard he was forced out by Fran.. I thought Isaiah told Fran his displeasures regarding his playing time and him playing Connor too much and Fran essentially said if he didn’t like it he could leave, and so he did.
So forced out may sound worse than pointing him in the direction of the door if he doesn't like how he runs his program with nepotism. But to me, this sounds like kind of the same thing. In a sense, Fran forced his hand to transfer because he was going to give his playing to someone else

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So forced out may sound worse than pointing him in the direction of the door if he doesn't like how he runs his program with nepotism. But to me, this sounds like kind of the same thing.
Oh I agree it’s similar and may be just as worse.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
@Nate STANley @Expert what is dumb and disagreeable about this? That Isaiah Moss was forced out by Fran or that he is a lesser talent than Bolton?
Moss was not forced out, no. He was upset with playing time, then went to Kansas and got the same amount of minutes, albeit they were quite a bit better. Moss leaving and Bolton being forced out has 0 correlation.

• Creative
Reactions: cyputz

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Moss was not forced out, no. He was upset with playing time, then went to Kansas and got the same amount of minutes, albeit they were quite a bit better. Moss leaving and Bolton being forced out has 0 correlation.
Nope. Fran chose to play his no-talent son over Isaiah and when Isaiah confronted him, Fran told him deal with it. Isaiah had no choice and transferred.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
Nope. Fran chose to play his no-talent son over Isaiah and when Isaiah confronted him, Fran told him deal with it. Isaiah had no choice and transferred.
Dude Connor played just over 18mpg and Moss played over 24. I would say Moss should’ve been around 30, but you’re acting like he barely played lol.