The Fran fade

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
Yeah, I'm so triggered about Iowa's basketball season. I mean I could only wish that we had ISU's basketball trajectory instead of what we have at Iowa.

please elaborate. What exactly is Iowa’s trajectory? How great is iowa going to be next year when they lose the “greatest player to ever come through iowa,” a 3 point sniper often referred to by Iowa fans as college basketballs equivalent of Steph Curry, and most likely weiskamp. Please, enlighten me on what this “basketball trajectory” is that iowa has for its future

• Winner
Reactions: Cytown12 and jmkc12

GoIaHawkS

Feb 14, 2021
please elaborate. What exactly is Iowa’s trajectory? How great is iowa going to be next year when they lose the “greatest player to ever come through iowa,” a 3 point sniper often referred to by Iowa fans as college basketballs equivalent of Steph Curry, and most likely weiskamp. Please, enlighten me on what this “basketball trajectory” is that iowa has for its future
Iowa has got some great targets lined up for the 2022 class. Bring in highly ranked prospects, and continue to rise.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Where did I say Iowa would be great? I said Iowa's trajectory is better than ISU, but that isn't exactly a high bar I'm setting there.

• Haha
Reactions: Cytown12

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I don't know about trajectory but I think most Hawk fans including me are hopeful that we'll be right there at the end of the season competing for an NCAA tournament birth. Nobody is expecting them to be nearly as good as this season but don't expect them to drop off of the map either.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
I don't know about trajectory but I think most Hawk fans including me are hopeful that we'll be right there at the end of the season competing for an NCAA tournament birth. Nobody is expecting them to be nearly as good as this season but don't expect them to drop off of the map either.
We seem to be getting more solid players imo. I think the 9 we had before nunge injury was the most complete 9 Fran had. Past years we played 9 but some belonged in the valley. Next year there will certainly be a dip but when you have more complete rosters the dips are less severe

• Haha

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
We seem to be getting more solid players imo. I think the 9 we had before nunge injury was the most complete 9 Fran had. Past years we played 9 but some belonged in the valley. Next year there will certainly be a dip but when you have more complete rosters the dips are less severe
It only took Mr Personality, Mad Fran, 11 seasons to get it to this point. Awesome.

GoIaHawkS

Feb 14, 2021
In order from most likely to least likely to land
1. Tyler Nickel
2. Dasonte Bowen
3. Riley Mulvey
4. Demarion Watson
5. Will Shaver
6. Tarris Reed
7. Tre Holloman
8. Isaac Traudt

Nickel and Bowen are both 4 stars according to 247 along with being top 100 players. Mulvey is a 3 star center, but I think he’s going to end up more of a 4 in college, similar to Nunge. Watson is a 4 star and top 110 player, who has offers from Iowa, ISU, Florida, Creighton, Marquette, Mizzou, Minnesota, and Nebraska. Shaver is a 4 star, and is going to be a tough pull for us, but he’s a big fan of Luka Garza and the way Iowa plays. Reed is also a 4 star, and is currently a K-state lean but Iowa is definitely high on his list. Holloman has some big time offers, and it will be a battle the whole way through. Traudt is likely a Creighton guy.

• Haha
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
1. Tyler Nickel
2. Dasonte Bowen
3. Riley Mulvey
4. Demarion Watson
5. Will Shaver
6. Tarris Reed
7. Tre Holloman
8. Isaac Traudt

Nickel and Bowen are both 4 stars according to 247 along with being top 100 players. Mulvey is a 3 star center, but I think he’s going to end up more of a 4 in college, similar to Nunge. Watson is a 4 star and top 110 player, who has offers from Iowa, ISU, Florida, Creighton, Marquette, Mizzou, Minnesota, and Nebraska. Shaver is a 4 star, and is going to be a tough pull for us, but he’s a big fan of Luka Garza and the way Iowa plays. Reed is also a 4 star, and is currently a K-state lean but Iowa is definitely high on his list. Holloman has some big time offers, and it will be a battle the whole way through. Traudt is likely a Creighton guy.
Nickel isn't going to Iowa and Bowen isn't even a top 150 recruit. You will land mulvey though

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It only took Prohm six seasons to destroy ISU basketball.
And ISU will let him go for it. Deservedly so. It won't take ISU 11 seasons to get a good squad together.

Mr. Personality as of this writing has a B1G .500 record (including this season) in 10 years. 3 NCAA appearances in 10 years. His press conferences are spectacular, especially after a loss. Barta is a genius.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
And ISU will let him go for it. Deservedly so. It won't take ISU 11 seasons to get a good squad together.

Mr. Personality as of this writing has a B1G .500 record (including this season) in 10 years. 3 NCAA appearances in 10 years. His press conferences are spectacular, especially after a loss. Barta is a genius.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
1. Tyler Nickel
2. Dasonte Bowen
3. Riley Mulvey
4. Demarion Watson
5. Will Shaver
6. Tarris Reed
7. Tre Holloman
8. Isaac Traudt

Nickel will replace Weiskamp

• Agree
Reactions: GoIaHawkS

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron