The Fran fade

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What happened to Bolton?
He got injured and didn't play part of the 2nd half. Trying to reach and say we played better without Bolton is dumb though, considering we looked the same exact way we have all year without him on the floor. Bad, discombobulated and hectic.

• Haha
Reactions: dexterhawk

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
He got injured and didn't play part of the 2nd half. Trying to reach and say we played better without Bolton is dumb though, considering we looked the same exact way we have all year without him on the floor. Bad, discombobulated and hectic.
Is Prohm going to get shown the door? If yes who is on the short list? Devries, Otz?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Is Prohm going to get shown the door? If yes who is on the short list? Devries, Otz?
What I've heard is yes, he's done. Those two would be on the short list, but there would for sure be others.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I do not have that info, but I know other people here know. From what I've heard, there are donors that are going to take care of it.

I hate college coaching contracts. A college coach has to have at least five years left on their contracts at all times in order to recruit and they all have massive buyouts. It is stupid and if favors the coach way more than it should.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa beat the #4 team on their home floor by 16 so now we need to dive super deep into Fran's substitution patterns and talk about how JorBo, CMac and PMac get too many minutes.
Do you think if you think that's unique here? Iowa fans have been skeptical of Frans minutes usage too.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Love this thread! Iowa has won 5 of their last 6 games. Two of the wins on the road vs Quad 1 teams beating each by 15 pts or more.

Iowa has gone from a 4 seed to sitting on the 2 line in most projections, God I hate these Fran Fades!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They'd both get looks I'm sure. I don't think there's been A LOT of joy with either idea, mostly because they are "safe."
Here was my initial ideas:
Eric Musselman would have been my dream hire if he didnt go to Arky. We wont be able to pry him away.
A guy I've had my eye on lately is BYU's Mark Pope.
A power program will take another chance on Travis Ford, Anthony Grant, or Prohms mentor Kennedy.

Who is awful is Stackhouse at Vandy.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Love this thread! The FIghting Fran's have won 5 of their last 6 games. Two of the wins on the road vs Quad 1 teams beating each by 15 pts or more.

Iowa has gone from a 4 seed to sitting on the 2 line in most projections, God I hate these Fran Fades!

QFL.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Love this thread! Iowa has won 5 of their last 6 games. Two of the wins on the road vs Quad 1 teams beating each by 15 pts or more.

This thread obviously deserves to get some s*** this year, but you can't sit here and act like the Fran Fade hasn't ever happened..

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
This thread obviously deserves to get some s*** this year, but you can't sit here and act like the Fran Fade hasn't ever happened..

Well according to the numbers, it really never has.

It is so dumb really. I mean I get ISU fans trotting this out, but I am surprised that so many Iowa fans are really stupid enough to believe this garbage as well. The fact is Fran is a 50%-60% Big10 winning % coach over 11 years. Going .500 in Feb doesn't constitute a "fade". Now going 1-8 and 2-6 yeah, those years are Fades.

Help Support Us

Become a patron