The Fran fade

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well I think either way college football and basketball this year has an asterisk next to it. I don’t understand the whole “it doesn’t count” narrative though.
Asterisk in that the season is different? yes. Asterisk in that the season doesn't matter, doesn't count, etc? No.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
He's been terrific. I honestly think he could get drafted in the mid to late second round this year.

Not being able to defend will keep him in college another year, if he doesn't improve on that end, he'll never stick in the league.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not being able to defend will keep him in college another year, if he doesn't improve on that end, he'll never stick in the league.
He's long enough and athletic enough that he'll be able to be taught to defend in some way or another. He doesn't need another year imo. He's played great and honestly shouldn't come back and ruin his stock.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He's long enough and athletic enough that he'll be able to be taught to defend in some way or another. He doesn't need another year imo. He's played great and honestly shouldn't come back and ruin his stock.
Who? weiskamp? He has the Uthoff syndrome. Will disappear in critical games at times. Although having now watch a few of those games, it’s apparent that JoBo won’t feed him the ball in tight games during the second half.

GoIaHawkS

Feb 14, 2021
Who? weiskamp? He has the Uthoff syndrome. Will disappear in critical games at times. Although having now watch a few of those games, it’s apparent that JoBo won’t feed him the ball in tight games during the second half.
I don’t think you’ve watched recently, but Weezy has been putting up points the entire game the last month or so.

• Dumb
Reactions: cycloner29

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
JW has been different this year, but I 100% with your Uthoff take for his play in the past. JW is a much better shooter though. He's shooting about 49%! from beyond the arc, which is ridiculous.

NBA teams certainly care about clutch ability, but they're not going to completely look over Joe's ability because of it.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
I think it'd be a bit of a stretch to say that his ceiling is being one of the best shooters in the NBA..
esque* I’m saying he would have to be that type of player. He’s a much better defender (Robinson can’t guard a parked car) but not near the shooter. He’d need to shoot >35-36% from 3

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
esque* I’m saying he would have to be that type of player. He’s a much better defender (Robinson can’t guard a parked car) but not near the shooter. He’d need to shoot >35-36% from 3
Yeah I understand what you were getting at.

Reactions: Nate STANley

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Iowa beat the #4 team on their home floor by 16 so now we need to dive super deep into Fran's substitution patterns and talk about how JorBo, CMac and PMac get too many minutes.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa now cannot get a 6 seed in the B1G Tournament. Here are some of the remaining scenarios:

Win out - Iowa gets the 3 seed. Nothing else matters.

Lose 1 (Nebraska) - If Purdue or Ohio State win out, Iowa gets the 5 seed. If one loses, Iowa gets the 4. If both lose once, Iowa gets the 3.

Lose 1 (Wisconsin) - Same exact scenario as above.

Lose both - 5 seed. Nothing else matters.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa beat the #4 team on their home floor by 16 so now we need to dive super deep into Fran's substitution patterns and talk about how JorBo, CMac and PMac get too many minutes.
Two things can be true..

1. Iowa is a good team who beat the #4 team on the road by 16.
2. Connor McCaffery is not good, gets too many minutes, and Iowa could actually be better if his position was utilized better.

Help Support Us

Become a patron