The Fran fade

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Iowa will be a tournament team next year if Garza comes back.
Imagine being in a position where 20-11 and part of a four way tie for 5th in your league generates this enthusiasm- the need of IA fans to be nationally relevant and drag ISU down while doing so is amazing. 1999 was a long time ago, I guess.

• Creative
Reactions: breck53

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Imagine being in a position where 20-11 and part of a four way tie for 5th in your league generates this enthusiasm- the need of IA fans to be nationally relevant and drag ISU down while doing so is amazing. 1999 was a long time ago, I guess.
Nobody needed to drag ISU down.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012

I didn't drag ISU down, Prohm did. Also, what was wrong with my post? Iowa will be a tournament team again next year if Garza comes back.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Or maybe ISU fans are afraid of becoming irrelevant and are trying to drag the Hawks down with them?
I think Iowa will be good again. Iowa State will be better than they were this year. If all of Iowa's pieces come back, they could be a very good team next year. Iowa State imo will be a bubble team.

Iowa's going to have a lot of guys available to play next year whether that be freshman or guys coming back from some sort of injury. Time will tell if Fran does the right thing and finds 8 MAYBE 9 guys he really likes and rolls with them the entire year, or if he will play 11 guys and completely throw guys off of their rhythm. If the second thing happens, I don't think Iowa will be as good as some may think.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I think Iowa will be good again. Iowa State will be better than they were this year. If all of Iowa's pieces come back, they could be a very good team next year. Iowa State imo will be a bubble team.

Iowa's going to have a lot of guys available to play next year whether that be freshman or guys coming back from some sort of injury. Time will tell if Fran does the right thing and finds 8 MAYBE 9 guys he really likes and rolls with them the entire year, or if he will play 11 guys and completely throw guys off of their rhythm. If the second thing happens, I don't think Iowa will be as good as some may think.
I have the same concerns with Fran managing player minutes/rotation.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

He'll play Garza as much as he needs to, which will be a lot. Then you kind of have to wonder...Weiskamp probably next in the pecking order, but then a complete logjam. Does he find too many minutes for his boys? This would probably annoy someone like Joe Toussaint. CJ suddenly sharing his minutes with JT and Jorbo....a lot of mouths to feed and Fran has a track record of wanting to feed all of them. No idea if Nunge is even a rotation level player, but you have to factor him in there too. And that will take minutes away from a guy like Pemsl, who isn't really that great anyway, but between the 2 of them would need to fill the massive void left by Kriener.