The Fran fade

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE

This little nugget was buried in the tweet...

David Eickholt

@DavidEickholt

As I tweeted earlier, Keegan Murray is a projected 2022 first round draft pick by ESPN. Some of you had questions if Keegan would declare this year and go through the NBA draft process, his father, Kenyon just tweeted that Keegan will not go through it.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Outside of Haluska maybe, I can’t think of one transfer that I’ve had disdain for. And I didn’t even have it for him, I was mostly just indifferent and pissed that he went to Iowa and was a good player for them, making them better. But I wasn’t angry at him about it. I can honestly say there’s not a transfer from Iowa state that I didn’t still cheer for, or at the worst case scenario, was just indifferent about.

Reactions: Mississippi Clone

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Outside of Haluska maybe, I can’t think of one transfer that I’ve had disdain for. And I didn’t even have it for him, I was mostly just indifferent and pissed that he went to Iowa and was a good player for them, making them better. But I wasn’t angry at him about it. I can honestly say there’s not a transfer from Iowa state that I didn’t still cheer for, or at the worst case scenario, was just indifferent about.

I know a lot of people were upset about how the situation went down with Wes Johnson. I wasn't too upset because McDermott murdered my love of ISU basketball.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
David Eickholt
@DavidEickholt

As I tweeted earlier, Keegan Murray is a projected 2022 first round draft pick by ESPN. Some of you had questions if Keegan would declare this year and go through the NBA draft process, his father, Kenyon just tweeted that Keegan will not go through it.
Jesus lol

• Haha
Reactions: weeterkane

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
David Eickholt
@DavidEickholt

He didnt go through it because he’s a wing that averaged only 7 ppg on under 30% 3-point shooting and knows he wouldnt sniff the first round and might not be drafted at all. And he played in a game that Oregon looked like they were having their own dunk contest against his team so I know he isnt some defensive whiz either.

Am I missing something?

Reactions: cyclonehomer

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
King of OT but Haluska explained his transfer in a Moonlight Graham podcast.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Well...

Lute Olson got tired of the fans and moved on...

They ran Tom Davis out of town....

They did hire Todd Lickliter and Steve Alford...

Mad Fran is another chapter in the story.

Most of this they did to themselves so it's hard to feel sorry for them. Granted ISU has had it's share of issues(particularly in Football) but do think we come from a bit more humble view because of that...

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
It's amazing how Hawkeye fans and the fan boy media don't understand the difference between tampering and CJ's family looking for a better opportunity. It's not that friggin hard to understand but leave it to hok fans to run something into the ground.

• Agree
Reactions: CySmurf

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
They're like high schools kids who just got dumped for the first time. Yes, it hurts and you're really mad, but things will get better.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Personally, I'd like to see Frederick make some off the cuff comments trashing Iowa before I put him up there. Doesn't have to be much, maybe something along the lines of what Grill had to say about UNLV on his way out the door.
I'm just waiting for the troll from the Kentucky basketball social media account when he commits

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Personally, I'd like to see Frederick make some off the cuff comments trashing Iowa before I put him up there. Doesn't have to be much, maybe something along the lines of what Grill had to say about UNLV on his way out the door.
Good on the kid to stay above the fray. He can let his uncle take a shot back and he comes out smelling like a rose because he took the high road.

He shouldn't care what a bunch of dirty squawks think anyway.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
They're like high schools kids who just got dumped for the first time. Yes, it hurts and you're really mad, but things will get better.

Hok fans wouldn't last one day in the Big 12. This is just everyday run of the mill activity for Bill Self and KU. Iowa fan needs to chill.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Good on the kid to stay above the fray. He can let his uncle take a shot back and he comes out smelling like a rose because he took the high road.

He shouldn't care what a bunch of dirty squawks think anyway.

I agree with you, I'm just looking at it from an entertainment aspect. Frederick crotch chopping his way out of IC and telling Fran to huff his nuts would have me chuckling for days.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: Acylum and GTO