The boring Big XII

Cy Hard

Jan 5, 2008
Polka City
Remember we've been in the Big12 since it was the Big 6, no way you boot out a fonding member, or do we want out. Here to stay, besides Kansas City would throw a fit every year they hosted the tournaments if we weren't in the Big 12.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
You're entitled to your own opinion, but to say that the Big 12 is boring is a joke. It'd be a lot more fun if ISU was winning more, sure, but we're in one of the strongest football conferences in the country this year, and look to be one of the best in basketball (men AND women's). I love seeing ISU do well, but I also like the fact that we test our mettle against quality teams every year.

Look, we know you, and other fans like you, are just tired of the way the season has been going. And I know how bad it's looked over the past several decades... but it's no reason to jump ship or start to suggest that we move to the MVC or something. If our teams do end up with a good record at the end of the year, I want it to be because we faced and defeated great competition, and not because we played in an easy conference.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
You're entitled to your own opinion, but to say that the Big 12 is boring is a joke. It'd be a lot more fun if ISU was winning more, sure, but we're in one of the strongest football conferences in the country this year, and look to be one of the best in basketball (men AND women's). I love seeing ISU do well, but I also like the fact that we test our mettle against quality teams every year.

Look, we know you, and other fans like you, are just tired of the way the season has been going. And I know how bad it's looked over the past several decades... but it's no reason to jump ship or start to suggest that we move to the MVC or something. If our teams do end up with a good record at the end of the year, I want it to be because we faced and defeated great competition, and not because we played in an easy conference.

Tired of poor effort for sure . . the ISU football should have defeated Kansas for sure . . and Iowa.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
The football team had better win a game soon, or the threads on this board are just going to continue to get worse, and worse, and... :no:

Yah . . we little kids can't throw something out there for discussion without having derogatory replies posted. Sad . .but then again, it reflects public dialogue in most forums today. Ridicule and name calling.:sad:

PJZ

Dec 17, 2007
Should ISU should consider joining the Missouri Valley? . .

I really dont think that would do any good...considering that even the MVC trounces us regularly. And I really dont think that we are any better than Creighton, SIU, or Bradley anymore. Anyway, going to the MVC is a pretty silly idea regardless.

I do agree that the Big XII is pretty boring from the standpoint of parity...but thats most every conference. It does get old, though. Anymore, I just dont really care to pay attention to the other 11 teams unless its ISU. Rooting for a conference just never made any sense to me.

Id say you should just enjoy ISU for what it is, and enjoy the successes when they happen. We arent Texas or Oklahoma...so what.

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I really dont think that would do any good...considering that even the MVC trounces us regularly. And I really dont think that we are any better than Creighton, SIU, or Bradley anymore. Anyway, going to the MVC is a pretty silly idea regardless.

I do agree that the Big XII is pretty boring from the standpoint of parity...but thats most every conference. It does get old, though. Anymore, I just dont really care to pay attention to the other 11 teams unless its ISU. Rooting for a conference just never made any sense to me.

Id say you should just enjoy ISU for what it is, and enjoy the successes when they happen. We arent Texas or Oklahoma...so what.

Parity is a huge problem . . and it seems every team is getting better except ISU.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Yes . . I have been a "clown" and supporter since 1971 . . the question posed was hypothetical. I've been there through thick and thin. I am perfectly relaxed. You like the several others here need to think outside the box once in a while . . you may come back with a deeper commitment to the program and ISU's future success. I will NOT be intimidated by your name calling or bluster.
For sure, ISU had been start winning in the next couple years or the conference commish will tell us all to take a hike . . whether you like it or not.

Maybe on the Xbox

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
For sure, ISU had been start winning in the next couple years or the conference commish will tell us all to take a hike . . whether you like it or not.

What are you talking about? Do you understand the Big XII and it's revenue sharing policies? The smaller programs get screwed money-wise and ISU is either the smallest or second smallest (after Baylor) program in the conference...and without revenue, the rich will get richer while the poor wil get poorer. Until the Big XII changes the Texas & Oklahoma programs will be on top and the Baylor and ISU programs will be on the bottom. But nobody is going to tell ISU to take a hike. The top-ten programs in the conference need programs like ISU, how else will they stay where they are unless they have someone to beat all the time?

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
\ISU Fan interest will be hard to sustain if this nonsense continues into the next decade. Should ISU should consider joining the Missouri Valley? . . the Big Little Ten that would be a perfect conference athletically for ISU but our population base is too small for the Big 10 . . . and the dorks would vote against it anyway.

I'm so tired of hearing about changing conferences! First, it will never happen as we benefit greatly from the Big XII revenue. Second, I'd much rather be in a first rate conference than a wannabe, and finally, if we ever did end up switching out of the Big XII I'm pretty sure I'd be done being a cyclone fan forever, (even contemplate rejoining the dark side). Quitting is not an option, and to leave the big xii would look more like we were being kicked out. This fan idiocy grates me beyond belief...

Madclone1

Oct 21, 2007
I'm so tired of hearing about changing conferences! First, it will never happen as we benefit greatly from the Big XII revenue. Second, I'd much rather be in a first rate conference than a wannabe, and finally, if we ever did end up switching out of the Big XII I'm pretty sure I'd be done being a cyclone fan forever, (even contemplate rejoining the dark side). Quitting is not an option, and to leave the big xii would look more like we were being kicked out. This fan idiocy grates me beyond belief...

Another ad nom attack . . I guess the moderators really don't enforce rules on these boards unless their Ox is being gored. Sad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron