The Big 12 AD meeting Thursday night

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Why not combine PAC 12, BIG, and 6 Big 12 teams, into a 32 team BIG that FOX can market as a new CFB league that competes against whatever the SEC is trying to do. Conference is 4 divisions of 8 teams, leading into a post season of a semi-final, and champ game to determine the league champ, which then plays whoever from ACC & SEC for national title. Posture the league as the main CFB conference going forward to make a push for the ACC schools added when their media deal is up.

Reactions: motorcy90

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why not just call it the Pac-8 and the Big Eight and be done with it.

Fun scenario that won't happen: teams only play within their division/conference, non-conference games filled with old rivalries and key matchups or tune ups.

Regular season champs from each division/conference play in a championship game/playoff, winner goes on to play other winners, losers go on to bowl games along with other general bowl qualifiers.

CyrideAllstar

Mar 1, 2021
ESPN will make more money by destroying the Big 12 and getting OU and UT to move to the SEC, it also allows them to get rid of LHN that has never made a penny in profit for the network.

If you are an ESPN executive this move just made you one hell of a bonus come the end of the year.
The shear fact that ESPN created the LHN shows they aren't the brightest.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Why is TX and OU leaving a conference where they have a better chance at making the playoffs? $$$$$
Only thing that is driving this is media money so schools that can will make changes regardless. And so will ESPN.
Two reasons, $$$$$$ and with the playoff moving to 12 teams as projected they can still finish 4th in the SEC and get in the playoff. It also allows them to start recruiting kids again that they were losing to SEC teams because the idea is out there that if you want to go pro, you have to play in the SEC to improve you chance.

• Winner
Reactions: deadeyededric

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Let's say the era of 16-team super leagues is dawning. OU and Texas to the SEC.
  • Big-10 needs two to get to 16. All the ACC teams and ND are locked up into the 2030s, so all of them are off the table.
  • ACC would add one team. I'm convinced they'd keep the 16th seat open for Notre Dame (they're already half-occupying it anyway) at least through their current GOR.
  • PAC-12 would need to add four. Nobody currently in the P5 makes a ton of sense geographically. BYU is the closest that makes some sense, but there seems to be an overall reluctance to add religiously-affiliated schools.
I think the ACC would likely go after WV to get them back together with some of their former rivals. This keeps the conference geographically coherent, though WV would be bringing up the rear academically by a wiiiiiiiiiide margin. WV is ranked #241. Louisville is lowest in the ACC at #176, followed by NC State at #80.

The rest would be determined by the PAC-12 and Big 10. If either thinks the other is sniffing around, they may want to act fast to try to get first choice of what's left. The Big 10 can afford to stand pat, though I don't think the PAC-12 can and also remain a Power conference mentioned in the same breath as the other three.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
E67hWAAXIAc6ECR

Don’t like it. But unfortunately it’s the best realistic option.

Reactions: surly

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Let's say the era of 16-team super leagues is dawning. OU and Texas to the SEC.
  • Big-10 needs two to get to 16. All the ACC teams and ND are locked up into the 2030s, so all of them are off the table.
  • ACC would add one team. I'm convinced they'd keep the 16th seat open for Notre Dame (they're already half-occupying it anyway) at least through their current GOR.
  • PAC-12 would need to add four. Nobody currently in the P5 makes a ton of sense geographically. BYU is the closest that makes some sense, but there seems to be an overall reluctance to add religiously-affiliated schools.
I think the ACC would likely go after WV to get them back together with some of their former rivals. This keeps the conference geographically coherent, though WV would be bringing up the rear academically by a wiiiiiiiiiide margin. WV is ranked #241. Louisville is lowest in the ACC at #176, followed by NC State at #80.

The rest would be determined by the PAC-12 and Big 10. If either thinks the other is sniffing around, they may want to act fast to try to get first choice of what's left. The Big 10 can afford to stand pat, though I don't think the PAC-12 can and also remain a Power conference mentioned in the same breath as the other three.
The consensus from Big 10 fans is that you don't add somebody just to add them and anyone who doesn't bring a lot of the money to the equation will just be taking from the pot of current members.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
Can we keep Hawk posters to the ISR forums during this? I don't give a **** what they have to say, and I hate it muddies up threads all over the place.
F**ck the hawks, you know they will be **** blockers especially little Ferentz after talked crap about CMC offer list. Now they don’t like the way CMC is making ISU into a powerhouse both on the field and lately on the recruiting trail. They are becoming irrelevant and ISU in the B1G will further make them irrelevant. They just can’t get it done even after going 12-0, they had to choke and never made the playoffs.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's time to face the brutal facts and move on. The kowtowing to Texas has gone on way too long. That should be obvious to all. We both built some tremendous facilities as a result, but it's over now.

speak for yourself. There would have been value for us to suck it up for a few more years.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
While I'd prefer the Big 10, if I had the chance to eliminate any uncertainty and sign onto that PAC scenario, I'd respond where do I sign?

i would need to know the big 10 was completely off the table.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
so Rutgers a few years ago was for what?
Potential. You think they were added because of their awesome football tradition? Did the Big 12 look stupid for adding Baylor when they turned it around? I think most administrators look at the big picture instead of taking a snap shot of the present and think it's going to look like that forever.