The Big 12 AD meeting Thursday night

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
What I hope comes out of this is some strategic partnerships. Something like ISU partnering with Kansas to try to get into the Big Ten, or ISU partnering with Kansas, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech or Kansas State to get into the Pac-12.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
AD’s don’t need a big12 meeting to be scheduled to talk amongst each other. If jamie hasn’t been in touch with the other members of the conference to some degree already he’s not doing his job.

If this was a much of a surprise as it was to everyone, I would bet he would wait to react until after said meeting. Get a feel for what OU and Texas say and then go from there. Also need to remember that these AD's talk to one another relatively frequently, so they probably know a lot of things that we never even hear about.

CYTUTT

Nov 25, 2012
I gotta believe (hope) that they already planned for something like this. The new wrinkle is the NIL. I think that was the impetus for all this. They would be poor leaders, if this happened and they had no plan!

• Agree
Reactions: CNECloneFan

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Bowlsby: "Guys, if OU and Texas leave, we have to be united, 12 year extension Grant of Rights. Who's in, show of hands?" Nothing.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Isn't the AD at KU brand new? Seems to me that Jamie would be leading the BIG charge here, although the leverage is with KU hoops...unfortunately.

Pollard is the only one of the "other 8" who was in an AD chair when the whole thing kicked off last time (2010). Hocutt had only been around for about 6 months before the A&M and MU departure announcements came out.

Current Big 12 ADs, by hire year
2005 - Pollard (ISU)

March 2011 - Hocutt (TTU)
2015 - Lyons (WVU)
2016 - Rhoades (BU)
2017 - Taylor (KSU)
2017 - Donati (TCU)
April 2021 - Goff (KU)
July 2021 - Weiberg (OSU)

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I imagine Bowlsby will push for adding replacement schools for OU and UT since that's the only way the conference survives and he gets to keep his job. The other 8 schools will probably say they're willing to go along with this, but at the same time you know each school will be looking for an attractive exit ramp. What a mess. I hope the dominos don't take too long to start falling because this limbo status will suck for ISU and the 7 other remaining schools.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I imagine Bowlsby will push for adding replacement schools for OU and UT since that's the only way the conference survives and he gets to keep his job. The other 8 schools will probably say they're willing to go along with this, but at the same time you know each school will be looking for an attractive exit ramp. What a mess. I hope the dominos don't take too long to start falling because this limbo status will suck for ISU and the 7 other remaining schools.

wasn’t bowlsby going today retire? I doubt he’s doing anything to keep his job.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

This is the truth. Pledge unity, but every man for himself. Just like last time until ESPN moved in to stop the bleeding.

And I do still believe they have an interest in maintaining quality football content outside of the SEC, just that they won't pay for it if it means the big brands balk.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron