The Big 12 AD meeting Thursday night

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
DyqSKoaX4AATc2G.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And if they are in an arms race with the SEC would Kansas and Iowa State be an answer to Oklahoma and Texas?

The Big Ten is a dream for us.
No it would be a partial answer if the BIG were to add ISU and KU. A further answer might be to go to 18 teams and add WV and perhaps UCF? Now you have more fans, more overall interest in your conference, and a Florida footprint.

• Haha
Reactions: 2speedy1

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I hate 11 am games but if that is what keeps us P5, I’m done complaining about them.
What if we played at 1:00 which would be 11 out there.
If we wound up in the PAC, wouldn't any TV schedule be up to the PAC and the TV contract? It would benefit what the PAC would want for a Midwest footprint I would think.

Seems like 1200 or 1300 CST games might be a good start for what the PAC might want but no idea really.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Who knows? If the SEC expands, the B1G might want to keep up with the Jones.

Sure, however they won’t just add ISU. They’ll look at ND/UVA/UNC/GT from the ACC, and/or the PAC schools first. If they can’t work those, then they have a history of being patient, otherwise might go for a Mizzou + KU package. ISU doesn’t get in unless all of their other options aren’t feasible and they need to pair for a new team.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Sure, however they won’t just add ISU. They’ll look at ND/UVA/UNC/GT from the ACC, and/or the PAC schools first. If they can’t work those, then they have a history of being patient, otherwise might go for a Mizzou + KU package. ISU doesn’t get in unless all of their other options aren’t feasible and they need to pair for a new team.
Now you're talking nation-wide Armageddon. I hope you are wrong, but fear you might be right.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This. **** them both. I can’t wait to be there for Texas last game in Ames. I won’t be able to talk for a week from screaming so loud. I hope we beat the everliving sh*t out of them.

Wait till we have the game in hand(hopefully) then 60,000 ISU fans chanting "F*ck the Horns" as they leave the field.

Jack Gladney

Oct 31, 2017

Anyone talking about the Big 10 raiding the ACC hasn't been paying attention. After Maryland left, their rights were all pledged to the conference until 2036 and they have something like a $50 million exit fee. I guess the Big 10 can add UNC and UVA if they don’t mind forking over $100 million to the ACC and not being able to televise any UNC or UVA games for the next 15 years.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
Anyone talking about the Big 10 raiding the ACC hasn't been paying attention. After Maryland left, their rights were all pledged to the conference until 2036 and they have something like a $50 million exit fee. I guess the Big 10 can add UNC and UVA if they don’t mind forking over $100 million to the ACC and not being able to televise any UNC or UVA games for the next 15 years.
I don't know. Maybe you go ahead and pay that if you think you may lose a few billion in the long run. Go to court or pay a fee to get UNC and Virginia's tv rights back.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron