Thank you Bill Snyder and K-State

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
You just may have given us a blueprint even with your terrible linebackers on how to hang with Baylor defensively.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Considering Bill Snyder has a much more disciplined program and an offense that actually can sustain drives and knows how to play call I'd say our team is way different than the Wildcats.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
You have to run the ball, sustain drives and keep the offense off the field....ISU hasn't done that well.

CYme

Dec 6, 2011
Pella, IA
You know, it seemed that we were fairly efficient with power running the ball out of the diamond formation with three rb's in the backfield. If you were to do that with Bundrage out to the far side, big TE on the other, I think they could eat clock, pick up first downs and keep it a low scoring game.

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
You just may have given us a blueprint even with your terrible linebackers on how to hang with Baylor defensively.

The blueprint was more for the offense than the defense. Some people can't comprehend that the offense impacts the defense. They just keep spouting off 666 yards. KStates defense is no better than ours. Their offense controls the ball and keeps the D off the field.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
KStates defense is no better than ours. Their offense controls the ball and keeps the D off the field.

I think you're on to something there:

Time of possession, KSU vs. Baylor
KSU: 39:24
BU: 20:36

And K-State still lost by 10.

ISU may be in trouble in this one (it's actually winnable, but it's going to require a significant turnover margin).

Sammy11

Jun 11, 2010
DFW
May have something to do with facing a defense with a pulse for the first time?

Laughable. We just played very poorly against a defense that wasn't much different than we had seen.

Honestly WVU showed more against their other opponents than KSU did on defense.

WVU against OU, OSU, Maryland: 25 yards per drive, 4 YPC, 49% completions, 24 points per game
KSU against Texas, OSU, ULL: 31 yards per drive, 4.9 YPC, 58.1% completions, 30 points per game

Let's limit it just to OSU against them (common foe)
WVU held them to better:
Yards Per Drive
Yards Per Play
Yards Per Carry
More Turnovers
Fewer Points
42% completions vs the 60% KSU gave up

WVU has better DL in my opinion as well. I don't think KSU has any individual talents like Rowell or Clarke up front.

Maybe the road venue got the WR's in a funk with drops but the plays we botched had more to do with BU than KSU. KSU's players were not any better than what we had seen, we just didn't execute.

2 Open Drops with no pressure on the QB or cover guys near the WRs. Think Aaron Horne against us- those plays are on the O.
1 Late Throwaway (6.5 seconds) that becomes a lost fumble. If he plays it right the DE isn't even close. Also got a very lucky roll to recover it.
1 irrelevant OL downfield (WTH is he doing?) penalty nullifies a conversion.

That's not them, thats the offense messing up and it's 4 of the 6 stops they got in the game.

KSU played disciplined and made us execute over and over- same as 3 of our other foes.
We just didn't play well this time. It happens.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Considering Bill Snyder has a much more disciplined program and an offense that actually can sustain drives and knows how to play call I'd say our team is way different than the Wildcats.

Have you actually watched any KSU football this year? KSU averaging more penalties per game than ISU and is tied for 110th for fewest turnovers lost while ISU is tied for 4th. KSU only averaging a little more than one ppg and a little more than one more minute of time of possession than ISU while ranking a paltry 73rd in total offense. KSU sucks this season.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
Laughable. We just played very poorly against a defense that wasn't much different than we had seen.

Honestly WVU showed more against their other opponents than KSU did on defense.

WVU against OU, OSU, Maryland: 25 yards per drive, 4 YPC, 49% completions, 24 points per game
KSU against Texas, OSU, ULL: 31 yards per drive, 4.9 YPC, 58.1% completions, 30 points per game

Let's limit it just to OSU against them (common foe)
WVU held them to better:
Yards Per Drive
Yards Per Play
Yards Per Carry
More Turnovers
Fewer Points
42% completions vs the 60% KSU gave up

WVU has better DL in my opinion as well. I don't think KSU has any individual talents like Rowell or Clarke up front.

Maybe the road venue got the WR's in a funk with drops but the plays we botched had more to do with BU than KSU. KSU's players were not any better than what we had seen, we just didn't execute.

2 Open Drops with no pressure on the QB or cover guys near the WRs. Think Aaron Horne against us- those plays are on the O.
1 Late Throwaway (6.5 seconds) that becomes a lost fumble. If he plays it right the DE isn't even close. Also got a very lucky roll to recover it.
1 irrelevant OL downfield (WTH is he doing?) penalty nullifies a conversion.

That's not them, thats the offense messing up and it's 4 of the 6 stops they got in the game.

KSU played disciplined and made us execute over and over- same as 3 of our other foes.
We just didn't play well this time. It happens.

so.... only Baylor's offense can stop Baylor's offense?

Reactions: JusHappy2BeHere

Sammy11

Jun 11, 2010
DFW
so.... only Baylor's offense can stop Baylor's offense?

I am not saying THAT but rather that KSU didn't do anything that they didn't do last year or anything that we hadn't seen from anyone else. The issues were due to the offense messing up, not some magic gameplan that Snyder came up with.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
I am not saying THAT but rather that KSU didn't do anything that they didn't do last year or anything that we hadn't seen from anyone else. The issues were due to the offense messing up, not some magic gameplan that Snyder came up with.

And we'd be 5-0 if our offense didn't mess up.:wideeyed::sad:

Reactions: CTTB78

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

It's funny how those "mess ups" start happening when you start playing real teams. If only you could play Wofford and Buffalo 6 times a year that offense might be as good as you think it is.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron