Texting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Any suggestions on how to deal with a texter who is obsessed with annoying daily group texting? Blocking is an option, but that seems extreme.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Any suggestions on how to deal with a texter who is obsessed with annoying daily group texting? Blocking is an option, but that seems extreme.
Using the “Hide Alerts” function has been a game changer for the annoying group texts I receive.

Reactions: TXCyclones

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I'm in a group snap chat thing with some friends. I don't mind it most of the time as it's rarely used but for silly things or if something is getting planned.

What gets annoying is when it is someone's birthday and my phone is going off every few minutes for about an hour with people chiming in happy birthday. Even though most didn't know it was their birthday until someone else said something.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm in a group snap chat thing with some friends. I don't mind it most of the time as it's rarely used but for silly things or if something is getting planned.

What gets annoying is when it is someone's birthday and my phone is going off every few minutes for about an hour with people chiming in happy birthday. Even though most didn't know it was their birthday until someone else said something.

Agree. My family has a group thing on Messenger. If it annoys me, I just mute my phone and go on with my life like normal. I can catch up on the conversation later.

Group texts and social media have made me oblivious and distant towards birthdays (mine included). I celebrate my wife's and daughter's, but that's about it anymore. If nobody wished me a happy birthday, it wouldn't affect me in the slightest.

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
Talk about how great Trump was or how terrible he was depending on the make up of the group....that will get you out of the text group

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I just mute the group texts that get out of hand and read through them later. I get more annoyed when someone starts one up at around bedtime and your phone is just going off the hook when you are ready to go to sleep. If it is after 10pm on a weeknight I try not to text anyone unless I'm already actively engaged in a conversation at that time. Also gets super annoying that within a group text when 2 people start a side conversation that could have just been a 1 on 1 text instead of including everyone else that doesn't need to know.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Block them or respond 'please take me out of the text'. Seems to work.

I've had that happen with people that I don't even know that must have mistaken my number or something.

Apparently someone who's friends/family with 15 other people in Iowa somewhere had Covid and is having a baby too.

• Haha
Reactions: BCClone

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
What gets me is the people that feel the need to like all the texts to show that they saw them. We don't all need to have read receipts on all the texts you open up!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Block them or respond 'please take me out of the text'. Seems to work.

I've had that happen with people that I don't even know that must have mistaken my number or something.

Apparently someone who's friends/family with 15 other people in Iowa somewhere had Covid and is having a baby too.

I frequently get texts for the last person that had my number. Must have been some lady that's really into her church group. I got fed up after a night of drinking and responded that she died. Felt bad about it the next day, but not enough to correct the text.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
What gets me is the people that feel the need to like all the texts to show that they saw them. We don't all need to have read receipts on all the texts you open up!
I didn’t respond when wished a happy birthday by someone in March. Didn’t recognize the number and my birthday is in October.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Dickpics are always a bold strategy. Some would say it's a nuclear option, but we're made in the image of our lord
Well to each their own. I like a softer opening. SLOWly leading up to exposure. Follow the Penthouse Forum guide to an erotic moment.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Using the “Hide Alerts” function has been a game changer for the annoying group texts I receive.

Thanks for the input. Going to use the “Hide Alerts” function going forward and ignore the countless text responses from those who obviously feel pressured to respond to an Alpha Type A personality.