Texas @ Kansas postponed to 12/12

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
What Happens if Kansas can't play any more game this year? (can't see them staying to thier bubble "for FB reasons").
Using MasseyRatings and MRed's Tourney generator--
7-2 Oklahoma
7-2 ISU
7-2 OkSt
6-2 Texas *
5-4 K-State
4-5 West Vir
3-5 TCU *
2-6Tech *
1-8 Baylor
0-6 KU

How does the Big12 Champ Game get decided?
a. Top 3 all went 1-1 against each other
b. Oklahoma beat #4TX....so Sooners get into the Championship?
c. ISU and OSU lost to TX, BUT does the OSU win Vs ISU trump?
or do we go to records against#1Sooners, then ISU is In?
or do we go to records against #5 K-State, etc.

It's Texas. They'll get the Big 12 to declare a forfeit.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I think my favorite Kansas player of all-time was Kale Pick.

He was a quarterback.

Somebody should have sat him down long before he got to college --

"Son, with a name like that, there's no way you're a quarterback."
Wasn't he also #6? So the back of his jersey said "Pick 6". Not what you want as a QB.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Clemson literally had a symptomatic player travel with them who then tested positive after they traveled.

With the pandemic maybe Clemson should have left the player behind. But Covid symptoms are the same as common cold, flu or respiratory infection. The player tested negative. So I can see why they let him travel.

I would be curious with FSU's outbreaks earlier this fall, if they used the same threshold. 1 Player shuts everything down.

If I am Clemson, I am torn about playing FSU on Dec 12. A week off to get healthy and prep for ACC championship game would be nice.

It would also be great to throttle FSU and kick them while their program is down. Since Clemson already made trip to FSU for game and they feel cancellation was sketchy, maybe agree to play game only if FSU comes to death valley.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Dabo's had a rough year. He's had several really bad takes unrelated to COVID as well.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
With the pandemic maybe Clemson should have left the player behind. But Covid symptoms are the same as common cold, flu or respiratory infection. The player tested negative. So I can see why they let him travel.

I would be curious with FSU's outbreaks earlier this fall, if they used the same threshold. 1 Player shuts everything down.

If I am Clemson, I am torn about playing FSU on Dec 12. A week off to get healthy and prep for ACC championship game would be nice.

It would also be great to throttle FSU and kick them while their program is down. Since Clemson already made trip to FSU for game and they feel cancellation was sketchy, maybe agree to play game only if FSU comes to death valley.

The guy was a backup lineman, right? Even if he has a negative why wouldn't you leave him behind just to be safe if he was symptomatic?

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
With the pandemic maybe Clemson should have left the player behind. But Covid symptoms are the same cold, flu or respiratory infection. The player tested negative. So I can see why they let him travel.

LOL, so FSU should have to travel to Clemson because they didn't want to play a team that had potentially been exposed to COVID because they let a symptomatic player have contact with the team for almost a week? Horrible management by Clemson in what is a championship level season for them.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
LOL, so FSU should have to travel to Clemson because they didn't want to play a team that had potentially been exposed to COVID because they let a symptomatic player have contact with the team for almost a week? Horrible management by Clemson in what is a championship level season for them.
The kid tested negative for Covid during the week.

Covid symptoms can be the same as the cold or flu. Sure they could have quarantined the kid out of an abundance of caution, but a lot of people (like myself) have seasonal allergies and what are normal medical symptoms this time of year match up with Covid. So if the test results come back negative, seems to me a person should assume they don't have it.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Covid symptoms can be the same as the cold or flu. Sure they could have quarantined the kid out of an abundance of caution, but a lot of people (like myself) have seasonal allergies and what are normal medical symptoms this time of year match up with Covid. So if the test results come back negative, seems to me a person should assume they don't have it.
Test will be negative for a couple days while symptoms are present. If you are wanting to play for a title you take no chances, especially with a backup.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

and that's Florida States fault?

Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Dabo is actually pretty cool. Oh and he flat out is accusing them of canceling for the exact reason I said Kansas could cancel
In other words, you picked a really bad hill to take your stand on.

Give up and admit you were wrong. All this butthurt does not look good on you.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
In other words, you picked a really bad hill to take your stand on.

Give up and admit you were wrong. All this butthurt does not look good on you.

why? Because a coach laid out exactly what I said could happen. A National champion coach basically said that the other team could have played but cancelled? It don’t matter if he was correct. It just goes to show what a team can actually do
Kansas could do this avoid playing. Then again maybe Dabo does not know about your law degree. The problem is you know I am 100
Percent correct and just can’t admit that you are wrong

Help Support Us

Become a patron