Texas, A&M to Big 10; OU + 1 to SEC?

cohawk

Jun 9, 2010
Look at sports across the board the past 5-10 years. Higher level and Big 10 should not be put together. There is a reason why the Big 10 is going after Texas.

Yes it's called money and academic reputation. Texas brings both and they tried joining back when the Big 12 was formed but were shot down because AM couldn't go with them. The Big 10 will force Texas to actually play more than two tough games a year. The Big 12 championship and the OU game. By adding Texas and Nebraska you are almost insured that the winner of the Big 10 will play in the NC game.

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
IF the Texas/A&M to the Big 10 rumors are true I think this is good for Iowa State. It would hypothetically leave 6 teams remaining in what was the Big 12, and you can definitely build from 6. Anything less and Iowa State would probably be headed to the Mountain West, but with 6 you can invite a few western teams and a few eastern teams and get back to 12 rather easily. And the best part is that Texas wouldn't be in the conference to pillage every other team's interests.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Yes it's called money and academic reputation. Texas brings both and they tried joining back when the Big 12 was formed but were shot down because AM couldn't go with them. The Big 10 will force Texas to actually play more than two tough games a year. The Big 12 championship and the OU game. By adding Texas and Nebraska you are almost insured that the winner of the Big 10 will play in the NC game.

This was what the B10 was about until they invited Nebraska.

LutherClone

Dec 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Orangebloods admin (Chip Brown) has more breaking news in the new hour or two.

I wonder what the UT party line is now?

So NU can beat Texas. Even though it took until last year to build the program back kup.

PSU who has been dominated by both OSU, Michigan, and Iowa over the past decade is somehow going to beat Texas but the other can't.

OSU will dominate Texas as they have dominated the coference for the past 20 years.

We took one of our worst teams to the Alamo Bowl and hung for four quarte wiith a ten win Texas team. We had our shot to win it at the end but came up short. So color me not afraid of Texas. Just becausee ISU got rocked by OU and Texas on a regular basis doesn't mean that Iowa will.

Iowa, PSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Nebraksa will all be schools that can take down Texas on a regular basis.

I LOL'd at this. You are a fool if you think Iowa will hold a candle to the 'Horns. Don't take my word for it, wait till it happens. Iowa will never be in the same breath as Texas. I could see OSU beating UT on a regular basis. Iowa? Absolutely not.

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
Iowa won't beat Texas on a regular basis. That is homer talk. I completely agree with LutherClone. A likely scenario is Iowa winning about 3/10 times, which considering how good Texas is, would not be that bad. OSU can hang with Texas. I'd see that coming out about 50/50. Iowa would have the next best shot at beating Texas on a given day. Wisconsin and Penn State would throw out a random win once every decade or so. If Michigan gets rid of RichRod and rights that ship they could go up against Texas any day as well.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
We are saying the same things, you just have your Big 10 glasses on.
What are the tough games? OSU for OU and......PSU-nope. Michigan-maybe at one time. UW-10 years ago, maybe. Iowa- maybe every so often.
In this new era of college athletics, one that you have admitted to be about money, no one competes with UT.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I just don't know how in the hell the Big 10 makes any sense having to go down and play in Texas but hey, I can understand the $$ part of it.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
So UT+aTm+ND+Mizzou?

That's the rumor. And apparently NU too which is supposedly true not rumor. If this is true (I don't think it is) then this would make one killer of a conference. The BTN already made TONS OF $$$$; I see that being renegotiated and the $$$$ x 2. Damn. the rich would sure get richer.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I just don't know how in the hell the Big 10 makes any sense having to go down and play in Texas but hey, I can understand the $$ part of it.

That's the only part of it there is. This is a money grab, pure and simple.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
So NU can beat Texas. Even though it took until last year to build the program back kup.

PSU who has been dominated by both OSU, Michigan, and Iowa over the past decade is somehow going to beat Texas but the other can't.

OSU will dominate Texas as they have dominated the coference for the past 20 years.

We took one of our worst teams to the Alamo Bowl and hung for four quarte wiith a ten win Texas team. We had our shot to win it at the end but came up short. So color me not afraid of Texas. Just becausee ISU got rocked by OU and Texas on a regular basis doesn't mean that Iowa will.

Iowa, PSU, OSU, Wisconsin, Nebraksa will all be schools that can take down Texas on a regular basis.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::biglaugh:

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Yep. I love watching all of the major Iowa teams, but I prefer to stick to the positive side. You won't ever hear me making excuses for any of our great state's teams. And hey, everybody has to have a first post, right?

Your first post chastised me for opining that Ohio State benefited from poor officiating when they beat Miami in football for the NC. Plus you somehow deduced that I hate the Big Ten, which is incorrect (love Badgers and NW). Lastly, I did use the "sarcasm pirate" to indicate my opinion was partly in jest. What did any of my post have to do with making excuses for "our great state's teams"?

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina

THEY DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT ACADEMIC REPUTATION.