Teacher in Texas allegedly had sex with 5 students

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It should be illegal, especially because she's in a position of power over the students.

How would you feel if your daughter had sex with a teacher her senior year so that she would graduate? At least, that's what her teacher told her.

Id want him fired, but i certainly wouldnt say it deserved jail time. Especially not a felony. She isnt a threat to society because she had sex with an 18 year old. We dont need to be putting her in jail.

And even if you should have a criminal situation because of the power she has, the power should have to be used. Completely consensual sex with no coercion? Not so much. And what about bosses and their employees? Should a boss go to jail anytime he or she has sex with an employee? He's in a position of power over another adult. No difference.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It should be illegal, especially because she's in a position of power over the students.

How would you feel if your daughter had sex with a teacher her senior year so that she would graduate? At least, that's what her teacher told her.

How would you feel if your daughter had sex with her boss so she would get a promotion he told her she would get? Bad? Tough ****, the law would have nothing on that. It's the same dynamic.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
How would you feel if your daughter had sex with her boss so she would get a promotion he told her she would get? Bad? Tough ****, the law would have nothing on that. It's the same dynamic.

Exactly. She'd probably have a decent lawsuit against him, but he wouldnt go to jail for it.

And this is only in the case where some the power was actually used. If the boss just had sex with a subordinate without any use of the authority position? Itd just be up to the company, but the worst that would happen would him getting fired.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

No its not, Teacher having sex with a student is way different than two professionals having sex no matter what the means to an end are.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale

I would feel like I failed as a father. That's on me to teach her right and wrong.

Brentwood

Jun 25, 2008
Altoona
The student also told police that he and four other male Kennedale students had sex with Colleps during the same encounter, records show.
Police analyzed the student’s phone and found video footage of him and Colleps having sex, police records state. Police interviewed a second student who identified himself as being present during the time the video footage was taken. Police also found sexually explicit text messages between Colleps and the 19-year-old student, records state.

This wasn't just a teacher having sex with a student, it was a teacher hosting an orgy.

LonoClone

Jun 25, 2008
This wasn't just a teacher having sex with a student, it was a teacher hosting an orgy.

5 on 1 isn't exactly what i would call an orgy. I believe there's another term for it.

oldschool6sk2.jpg

Reactions: VTXCyRyD

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No its not, Teacher having sex with a student is way different than two professionals having sex no matter what the means to an end are.

How? I don't see where the difference is. A person in power using their power to entice the younger party to engage in sexual acts. That is the same dynamic.

Does this change for a University professor if he/she has sex with an 18 year old freshman? According to the law it does, but why?

I feel like we have had the same discussion before.

cycoOJfan89

Oct 20, 2009
Ames/Cedar Rapids
Because 18 year olds so frequently choose "the right thing" over hormones? Hell, half of our elected leaders can't do that.

Ever hear of being "young and stupid"? I swear that if some of the CF posters knew the things my buddies and I did during that phase of our lives, they'd round us up and put bullets through our heads.

Right on. I would have totally had sex with her when I was 18. Just to say I did a teacher, if nothing else.