Talen Horton-Tucker cuts list to 3 (ISU is on it)

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
That's fine, just stating what the case is from a non-ISU viewpoint. Jerry Meyer and Evan Daniels don't just make things up and they don't have any reason to help support an "Illinois smokescreen." Things change with commitments. Recruiting is fluid.

I'm not here to start fights, just offering some background from our side and trying to learn more of the ISU side. We'll keep beating Iowa and you guys do the same. I remember particularly enjoying the IA/ISU game late 2014 where ISU buried the Hawkeye's ass in the 2nd half with Niang spitting mad s***

They do if their source (Illinois biased media?) is feeding them bad information.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

Boy, talk about a double whammy. Lose a 4 star recruit, and have everyone kind of pissed at your 5 star. They had better keep their heads, or that will blow up on them too (which may not be the worst thing ever since he sounds like a prima donna if rumors are true) and they'll really be a full fledged dumpster fire.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
This is me reading the last 10 pages of this board over the past 15 minutes:

tenor.gif

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm not being a jerk I just don't believe he was ever going to Illinois and people were spoon fed misinformation to try to soften the blow of losing another in state kid to ISU

This is all fine and dandy, but why then would he list them in his Top 3? Him listing Illinois in his Top 3 seems to lend itself to the theory that in the last few days since then Illinois has indicated they no longer want him.

Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'm not being a jerk I just don't believe he was ever going to Illinois and people were spoon fed misinformation to try to soften the blow of losing another in state kid to ISU
In an effort to not sound like an elitest dbag, I really don't think any Illini fans care about the perception of "losing another in state kid to ISU." Conditt was one we wanted for sure. Griffin we were never really in on super hard. THT is better than both IMO but as I said before, most UI fans wrote our chances off months ago so we saw him as being just incredible icing on our cake.

UI has had a ton of recruiting misses this year that were bigger blows than THT simply because we were never really considered a favorite for him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
This is all fine and dandy, but why then would he list them in his Top 3? Him listing Illinois in his Top 3 seems to lend itself to the theory that in the last few days since then Illinois has indicated they no longer want him.

Out of respect for his local program, same reason Barnes had ISU in his final group even though he wasn't coming here

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Yeah, Illinois is now officially out. I really like THT. This sucks for our fanbase and THT, and it really taints the perception of Ayo. I hope you guys get him. I'm pretty pissed off at what has transpired.

After all that has gone down, how can you possible say or 100% know that Illinois is now "officially" out?? How can any of this craziness be deemed official??

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Yeah, Illinois is now officially out. I really like THT. This sucks for our fanbase and THT, and it really taints the perception of Ayo. I hope you guys get him. I'm pretty pissed off at what has transpired.
It sounds like Ayo isn't the problem, it's his AAU coaches. At some point I would think Underwood would have to say "FU" I'm doing things my way.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
This whole process happening on the day of his annoucement on live tv is really crappy by the IL media and Chicago AAU twitter folks. They are simply burning bridges at this point. I feel for THT and his family no matter where he goes. Has to be stressful..Let him have his day and after today then if u want to comment publicly on twitter etc..then so be it i guess..THT seems like a great kid and sure hope he chooses ISU but wish him best wherever that may be.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Sunny Vicaro must sit back and love this stuff. He invented this whole AAU recruiting stuff.

Chillini1989

Oct 24, 2017
After all that has gone down, how can you possible say or 100% know that Illinois is now "officially" out?? How can any of this craziness be deemed official??
Because the source has direct contact with THT. It's why we're adamant that people claiming it was a ploy are incorrect.

Reactions: isutrevman

ISU2

Jun 21, 2013
Can someone give me brief summary of what happened? Why is Illinois out of the picture now?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron