Tailgate Tour Roll Call

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Clear Lake at the Surf.

CW, if that is the day to go for you, you need to come up to Clear Lake instead of Humboldt. I'm sure TS has NEVER played at Rustix.

isustrong

Dec 30, 2011
iowa
My family and myself will be there for sure. We have a great time every year! It never gets old. My kids love it and have been on tv. One of my friends wife who is a big hawk fan even said the tailgate tour is better than what they have. We will be at the CR tailgate.

Last edited:

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I will be at Omaha, Missed last year due to work travel.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Are these worth going to if you don't have kids? Would it be awkward if I walked in, grabbed a dozen FB posters, and then ran out?

That's my plan unless I can CFH or CPR autographs! No offense to any coaches or players. Ive just been there and it's so a "Family" function.

Worth it at least once IMO.

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
Maybe it's just me but if you have been to one of these you have been to them all. Maybe if I was older and had kids to take it would be more exciting.

Depending on what else I have going I may show up for the CR stop.

Are these worth going to if you don't have kids? Would it be awkward if I walked in, grabbed a dozen FB posters, and then ran out?

I think some of you are missing out. The years my dad and I have gone, (I'm a college student btw) we've been able to have great talks with both Kevin Jackson and Bill. It's a great chance to interact with the coaches on a more personal level. You also have the chance to win some pretty good prizes. Won an autographed CPR football last year.

I went to the carrol mid day stop last year and it wasn't as good as the overnight stop in Okoboji.

mganzeveld

Jun 14, 2010
Cedar Rapids
Will be at the CR event with my family. Pesky school scheduled their spring concert at 6:45 so it will be a quick stop this year. Kids love it though. Need to round up a few new items for the kids to get for autographs. Great way for big kids like me to get autographs too!

PabloDiablo

Feb 10, 2011
Omaha, NE
Yeah, it's not just a family thing. I got CPR to autograph my poster last year (he will for anyone, it's framed in my basement waiting to be replaced with this year's autographed poster:smile:) but I got a nice chance to talk with him about the football only facility that was going to the BOR a few days after the stop. I think he made a point to chat for a few minutes with me because I asked him about that specifically.

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
I remember two years ago I asked Hoiberg if there were any more possible transfers coming in and he said that there were some things in the works and sure enough a few days later we got Jake Anderson.

Help Support Us

Become a patron