"Swiss Army Offense"-KC Star

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
What I heard is Self parroting all of the KU fans. It doesn't matter. He played a recently injured Perry Ellis to prepare him for next week? What, like three more meaningless games is more important for your star than to heal? What kind of special stupid is that? It doesn't mean anything Bill? Is that why you called a timeout when you were ahead 40-29 to remind your guys......."hey, no one will remember this tomorrow"? Is that why you looked like Bob the Tomato from Veggie Tales when things were falling apart in the second half? Because it doesn't mean anything and no one will remember tomorrow? Please.....stop being a inbred like what shows up at the Phog, and show a little more respect for a team that spotted you 17 points before showing you who is best in the conference!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
What I heard is Self parroting all of the KU fans. It doesn't matter. He played a recently injured Perry Ellis to prepare him for next week? What, like three more meaningless games is more important for your star than to heal? What kind of special stupid is that? It doesn't mean anything Bill? Is that why you called a timeout when you were ahead 40-29 to remind your guys......."hey, no one will remember this tomorrow"? Is that why you looked like Bob the Tomato from Veggie Tales when things were falling apart in the second half? Because it doesn't mean anything and no one will remember tomorrow? Please.....stop being a inbred like what shows up at the Phog, and show a little more respect for a team that spotted you 17 points before showing you who is best in the conference!
Bill could have rested old man Perry, but he wanted to win bad.

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014
I wasn't aware this was Bill's first loss in the tourney final. This win just keeps getting better and better...

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I wasn't aware this was Bill's first loss in the tourney final. This win just keeps getting better and better...
Well, the other six mattered................yesterday didn't and no one will remember anyway. Sounds eerily familiar to bird fans east of Ames in football doesn't it?

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
A nice article from the K.C. Star. Thanks for posting it. What struck me, too, was that page are the ads for Hy-Vee Fuel Saver cards. Probably old news they have expanded into that region, but I guess Iowa really is beginning to own K.C.!

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I keep hearing the game mean nothing to KU. If that's the case why did Perry Ellis play 30 minutes on a bum knee??

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
"Devonte’ Graham lamented a fatal turnover in the final seconds as specks of tears welled in his eyes."

But I thought they didn't care.

Waiting for "Well he's only a freshman so he doesn't know any better."

At this level these guys want to win everything. There is no game that doesn't matter.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

In the grand scheme of things, does it? KU losing and ISU winning most likely doesn't flip-flop the teams in the tournament.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Tweet from Rustin Dodd, "Fred Hoiberg forcing Bill Self to go zone is something you put on the resume".

https://twitter.com/rustindodd/status/576896320620785664

Really good point. Self couldn't find a way to stop Fred's offense.

Not the only one, Barnes essentially conceded this point in the first two games when he went to the foul strategy with about 5 minutes to go. I think "juggernaut" is an apt term to describe the team when the start rolling on offense.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
In the grand scheme of things, does it? KU losing and ISU winning most likely doesn't flip-flop the teams in the tournament.
So.........basically Bill is right? At this moment we are playing the best ball in the toughest conference. Want to argue that? If the committee wants to hold a one point loss at Baylor, the one point loss at KSU and the loss at Tech against us........so be it. All the guys can do is be the best they can be NOW. They have proven that. You don't think that means something to them regardless what the committee thinks? What the committee does now is out of their control.