Sweet Caroline winning

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I would love it if they played this, it corresponds well to the fella we sit next to. Although I believe it has less to do with flatulence and more to do with personal hygiene.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y43yMP_Sa0I"]YouTube - Somebody Farted (homemade music video)[/ame]

Cymaster

Jun 14, 2006
You know, it seems to me the only people that don't like Sweet Caroline are the vocal minority on this board. You all want to seem like you're bad asses and say that a song like Sweet Caroline "has no place at a football game." Yet, it is the only song that has been able to get the whole crowd singing along and making noise. I mean really, did you watch the pathetic display that was Jump Around last weekend???

To be honest, the same thing goes for the Jock Jams entrance that everybody has been ******** about forever now. Except the new song hasn't been able to get the entire stadium to participate in the team entrance yet this year.

I think some of you need to quit acting like the tough guys you think you are and just enjoy the game and the environment.

Holy hell, did I seriously waste my 100th post and a topic such as this????

Splendid

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
You know, it seems to me the only people that don't like Sweet Caroline are the vocal minority on this board. You all want to seem like you're bad asses and say that a song like Sweet Caroline "has no place at a football game." Yet, it is the only song that has been able to get the whole crowd singing along and making noise. I mean really, did you watch the pathetic display that was Jump Around last weekend???

To be honest, the same thing goes for the Jock Jams entrance that everybody has been ******** about forever now. Except the new song hasn't been able to get the entire stadium to participate in the team entrance yet this year.

I think some of you need to quit acting like the tough guys you think you are and just enjoy the game and the environment.

Positive rep points for you Cymaster, couldn't have said it better myself. Seems to me the Boston Redsocks have won a couple World Series the last few years playing SC as their 7th inning stretch song. Around here if everybody likes a song we have a few that are "to cool for school" and want to ruin it for everyone else. I certainly don't hear any booing during SC, just a stadium filled with fans having a good time.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Yep, that song is crap too. My minority vocal cords are screaming that the 4 choices we have are crap. And yes Sweet Caroline is crap, that's a simple fact.

Jock Jams needs to go too. There is better music out there, you may have to look a bit to find it, but it is out there.
I think your opinion about my opinion is acting like a tough guy so where are you going with this one?

LOL - sorry about that one. Just save your good stuff for 1000 :biggrin:

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Positive rep points for you Cymaster, couldn't have said it better myself. Seems to me the Boston Redsocks have won a couple World Series the last few years playing SC as their 7th inning stretch song. Around here if everybody likes a song we have a few that are "to cool for school" and want to ruin it for everyone else. I certainly don't hear any booing during SC, just a stadium filled with fans having a good time.

The fact that you want ISU fans to be like the Red Socks fans is beyond offensive to me :confused:

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised

Thank you for posting what I was thinking.

HuxleyClone

Sep 16, 2007
Sweet Caroline blows chunks.

What a turd of a song. All it made me doo is boo the idiots dancing and singing that piece of garbage. It sucked when Diamond sang it the first time and it still sucks now almost 30 years later. We needed to be pumped up as a crowd in the 4th quarter and that garbage comes on. What a joke.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
I think everyone liked it but about 20 people on this board, everyone in the stadium has a good time whenever that song comes on. If you're seriously booing people because their singing and dancing to a song played at the game then you need to chill out. Dont like it, fine, sit down and start whistling metallica or the theme from the A-team if thats what you want.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Sorry Cmoney, but that song has no business at a football game. Lets just play the rose by Bette Middler, and then copocaba by Barry Manilow. Those are about the only songs that are lamer than Sweet Caroline.

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
Teams all over the country play that song, apparently everyone has it wrong. People like the song, sorry you don't. If it gets people energized and involved then it's fine in my book. I'm also fairly sure you mean Copacabana. What constitutes a song that has "business" at a football game then?

Hasbeen

Apr 3, 2006
Yeah, I sure hate all of that crowd participation stuff that song brings out. If we could only sing the fight song as loud as we sing Sweet Caroline we'd be on to something.:yes:

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I know that there was a pretty noticeable groan let out in unison in Section B when the song came on today.

Also, what's up with playing basically that entire lame song when they didn't even get to the chorus of Journey's song last week before cutting it off?

Boo! Boo! Boo!