Swamp People

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
OK, I admit it, I've watched several episodes of Swamp People.

Will they show it if a gator gets hold of one of the hunters?

Why don't any of them use gloves while they are pulling the ropes?

Why do they always have to be told 10 times to shoot?

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site

One of the fellers went down last month.

Coroner: 'Swamp People' star Mitchell Guist died of natural causes | Fox News

"Authorities in Louisiana say a man who starred in the reality television show "Swamp People" died from natural causes inflicted by an alligator.

Ascension Parish Sheriff Jeff Wiley says the parish coroner, Dr. John Fraiche, made that determination after a preliminary autopsy on Mitchell Guist, after his body was retrieved from the gator's belly.

Guist, who appeared in segments of the "Swamp People" with his brother, Glenn, died after collapsing from a gator attack Monday while working on a houseboat he was building on Belle River.

Authorities tell The Advocate of Baton Rouge, La., Guist had just launched the houseboat and was pushing it when he collapsed into the water as a result of a gator grabbing and pulling him in.

Funeral services are scheduled for Saturday in Gonzales.

"Swamp People," which airs on the History channel, features residents of Louisiana's Atchafalaya swamp country during alligator hunting season."

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Tonight, more ripped up hands and complaining about the rope. Get some gloves!

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
They've been doing it their whole life. TV doesn't do any editing(sarcasm). Have you ever done it? Those guys have callous' like no other. Done it once, I have sissy hands. The gators dont jump in the boat and go after the hunters. Editing makes it seem quick, it isnt always. Actually was very safe feeling to me.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
They've been doing it their whole life. TV doesn't do any editing(sarcasm). Have you ever done it? Those guys have callous' like no other. Done it once, I have sissy hands. The gators dont jump in the boat and go after the hunters. Editing makes it seem quick, it isnt always. Actually was very safe feeling to me.

Can you talk like them?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
NO, nor did I understand much when I was there.

How much do they get paid for a gator?

Does it matter if it has a big bullet hole in it?

Are they selling it for its meat or its hide?

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
How much do they get paid for a gator?

Does it matter if it has a big bullet hole in it?

Are they selling it for its meat or its hide?

Size matters! Around $15/ft....varies per year

The head isn't considered for the most part unless it's getting stuffed. (Can be patched for looks)

Both meat and hide. Skin it for the hide and the tail is the meat of choice.

I'm no pro, just had the opportunity to do it.

Last edited:

ogie4ISU

Jun 15, 2011
Baxter, Iowa
is seen were willy thought he killed on and loaded into the boat only to find out it wasn't dead and it bit is fingers. he kept yelling help me daddy help me lol

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010

I wonder why they even have to be told once? Does the guy with the gun not know he's supposed to choot? The guy holding the rope should shut up and let the chooter concentrate.

Don't think I've ever watched a full episode.

Apr 19, 2006

I was just thinking the same thing last night. How bad must TV be getting that we continue to watch shows like this where it's basically the same show over and over.

I have to admit I'm going to miss the brothers as they were pretty entertaining. I wonder how the one is going to do without the other. The one that passed seemed to be the brains of the operation.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I was just thinking the same thing last night. How bad must TV be getting that we continue to watch shows like this where it's basically the same show over and over.

I have to admit I'm going to miss the brothers as they were pretty entertaining. I wonder how the one is going to do without the other. The one that passed seemed to be the brains of the operation.

I find it is great to have on in the background while I'm working on other things. It doesn't take much attention and you don't have to worry about missing anything. There is usually something somewhat interesting on when it gets my attention and occasionally something really cool or funny.

I still can't quite figure out why they don't wear gloves. Callouses or not, gloves have got to help pull the rope. Maybe it is part of their attempt to be "authentic" to the ancient ways.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron