Survivor 46

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Maria is a bitter and petty person. Oof.
You notice Chariie had almost nothing to do with her after that explanation she gave?

Going into the final four we thought Charlie would take it. We knew neither Ben nor Liz would get votes. But after Kenzie built fire, and Charlie said he didn't need to prove himself by making fire...yeah, we both switched straight over to Kenzie.

Ben thinking Liz was a challenge (and Liz taking it to new heights) only proved they were both delusional about Liz's contributions. We both thought he should have taken Liz, and made Kenzie & Charlie do the fire fight. That way, at least he might have had a vote or two from any juror who didn't like either Kenzie or Charlie.

Lost all respect for Maria tonight too. It was kind of wrong (to me) for Liz to go run down the plank for Kenzie and help her solve the puzzle. I really hope that doesn't become a new trend. But Maria is not very good at hiding her true feelings, and whoever it was upthread that said she was petty absolutely nailed it.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I wish winning the final four firemaking would stop swaying jury voters so much, UNLESS the person who wins volunteered themselves to do it. If you were forced to make fire and happened to be the one to win (against a weak opponent) then that would not impress me.

Kenzie is a good person and had a nice social game, but at least by the edit, Charlie would have been the more deserving winner IMO.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You notice Chariie had almost nothing to do with her after that explanation she gave?

Going into the final four we thought Charlie would take it. We knew neither Ben nor Liz would get votes. But after Kenzie built fire, and Charlie said he didn't need to prove himself by making fire...yeah, we both switched straight over to Kenzie.

Ben thinking Liz was a challenge (and Liz taking it to new heights) only proved they were both delusional about Liz's contributions. We both thought he should have taken Liz, and made Kenzie & Charlie do the fire fight. That way, at least he might have had a vote or two from any juror who didn't like either Kenzie or Charlie.

Lost all respect for Maria tonight too. It was kind of wrong (to me) for Liz to go run down the plank for Kenzie and help her solve the puzzle. I really hope that doesn't become a new trend. But Maria is not very good at hiding her true feelings, and whoever it was upthread that said she was petty absolutely nailed it.
Maria just feels she's above the rest... she thinks she loves her family more, she thinks when she's wronged it's a bigger deal than when others are wronged, etc. That's why I think she didn't vote for Charlie, because he was the only player she knew was as smart (probably smarter) as her and played as strategic a game as she did, she didn't want to admit that he got the better of her. He was her #1 partner the entire game, she tried stabbing him in the back and it backfired, he forgave her, then she votes for Kenzie based on her life story. Self-centered b*tch.

cy4life94

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Cedar Rapids
Maria just feels she's above the rest... she thinks she loves her family more, she thinks when she's wronged it's a bigger deal than when others are wronged, etc. That's why I think she didn't vote for Charlie, because he was the only player she knew was as smart (probably smarter) as her and played as strategic a game as she did, she didn't want to admit that he got the better of her. He was her #1 partner the entire game, she tried stabbing him in the back and it backfired, he forgave her, then she votes for Kenzie based on her life story. Self-centered b*tch.
Agreed, I think she may have started to realize that Charlie played a better game than her and Charlie may have even used her a little versus her using him but her ego couldn’t admit that so she had to vote for Kenzie.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I wish winning the final four firemaking would stop swaying jury voters so much, UNLESS the person who wins volunteered themselves to do it. If you were forced to make fire and happened to be the one to win (against a weak opponent) then that would not impress me.

Kenzie is a good person and had a nice social game, but at least by the edit, Charlie would have been the more deserving winner IMO.
In my comment above where I said we "switched to Kenzie" after the firemaking, that was exactly what I was talking about. We didn't think Kenzie should win, we just knew that the jury would vote for her over Charlie after that...and after a couple of Charlie's answers during the Q&A from the jury.

• Agree
Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
In my comment above where I said we "switched to Kenzie" after the firemaking, that was exactly what I was talking about. We didn't think Kenzie should win, we just knew that the jury would vote for her over Charlie after that...and after a couple of Charlie's answers during the Q&A from the jury.
Yeah, her winning wasn't crazy by any means. The answer to Q's question about what they'd do with the money sealed it for her, I think. Her answer was more compelling than Charlie's.

If money wasn't a factor and they were strictly voting for "the person who outwitted, outlasted, and outplayed", I think Charlie wins pretty easily.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Haven't watched the aftershow part yet but based on the comments here it's said Maria couldn't respect Charlie's game as much as everyone respected hers. If the table was turned Charlie would have voted for her to win. This cast lived up to one of the dumbest with the jury vote. What they would do with the money and their life story outside of the game should not be the deciding factor. If that was the case then Ben should have won as he struggles too.

I got annoyed with how Q seemed to make some of the questions about him almost and almost sounded like he wanted some vindication on how his game turned out. He may be one of the more annoying players in recent seasons. And the question about what you would do with the money really has no relevance on how you played the game but it apparently played a factor in the votes. Based on gameplay Charlie hands down was the most deserving winner of the 3. He played a well rounded game where Ben and Kensie relied heavily on their social games and going along with other people's votes.

Liz thinking she could win and Ben thinking the same just more proof how dumb the cast was. Already had enough for that title with all the idols that did not get played but the ending to this season just proved it more.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Finished watching the aftershow and am more frustrated with the jury vote than I was before watching that. I guess it doesn't matter how well you played the game it's how you are going to use the money and other factors not related to how you played the game? You could tell Charlie was in disbelief but he took the high road and did not take away the moment from Kensie. Just further proves how dumb this cast was. The player who played the game the best and was most deserving to win lost it because Q's last question apparently was the deciding factor and it had nothing to do with how they played the game. I'm guessing if it was a 4-4 tie Ben would have been the tiebreaker and given how strange the voting went I have no idea which one he would have voted as he had pretty good friendships with both all season.

Will have to dig around and see if any players did interviews after the finale aired. Would be interesting if Charlie and Maria had a heart to heart as if that was me and the player I had played lockstep with all game backstabbed me like that I'd be pissed. My opinion of Maria changed drastically near the end of this season. She probably would have won had she made it to the final 3 but as soon as they were smart enough to vote her out at 5 she got kind of petty about how everyone targeted her. Any fan of the show knows that most years the strongest player doesn't always make it to the end and she was that player this season.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Finished watching the aftershow and am more frustrated with the jury vote than I was before watching that. I guess it doesn't matter how well you played the game it's how you are going to use the money and other factors not related to how you played the game? You could tell Charlie was in disbelief but he took the high road and did not take away the moment from Kensie. Just further proves how dumb this cast was. The player who played the game the best and was most deserving to win lost it because Q's last question apparently was the deciding factor and it had nothing to do with how they played the game. I'm guessing if it was a 4-4 tie Ben would have been the tiebreaker and given how strange the voting went I have no idea which one he would have voted as he had pretty good friendships with both all season.

Will have to dig around and see if any players did interviews after the finale aired. Would be interesting if Charlie and Maria had a heart to heart as if that was me and the player I had played lockstep with all game backstabbed me like that I'd be pissed. My opinion of Maria changed drastically near the end of this season. She probably would have won had she made it to the final 3 but as soon as they were smart enough to vote her out at 5 she got kind of petty about how everyone targeted her. Any fan of the show knows that most years the strongest player doesn't always make it to the end and she was that player this season.

Major props to Charlie because after vote was revealed if it was me I would just want to walk as far away from the majority of this group of people.

Reactions: CYdTracked

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Major props to Charlie because after vote was revealed if it was me I would just want to walk as far away from the majority of this group of people.
He made some video where he was singing in the shower with clothes on, directed towards Maria. I didn't watch it, I guess it wasn't serious but who knows. I don't understand why these casts all become best friends after. You spent 3 weeks or less with these people.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

Ben already came out and said he would have voted for Charlie.

Last night made me mad. I don't care if someone has a million dollars. If they played the best game I would vote for them.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Ben already came out and said he would have voted for Charlie.

Last night made me mad. I don't care if someone has a million dollars. If they played the best game I would vote for them.
It makes me question if some of these players truly are big fans of Survivor like they claim because a true fan of the show would have some integrity to reward the person who played the best game not the person who you feel needs the money the most. Charlie clearly outplayed Ben and Kensey. It also makes me wonder what was being discussed by the jury at Ponderosa leading up to the final vote. Saw an interview Charlie did and he kind of alluded to hearing about some things that happened at Ponderosa that may have factored into how the vote went too.

This "new era" of Survivor as the recent casts keep saying over and Jeff calling it a social expiriement too many times makes me wonder if these recent players really have any concept about what the spirit of the show/challenge is. It's to the point where factors that have nothing to do with how someone played the game is now determining the winner. I guess you can say that is part of their social game but then it makes challenges and gameplay essentially pointless if in the end the factor that weighs the most has nothing to do with how you got to the end. Maybe we're due for another Johnny Fairplay who will just make up lies in order to gain sympathy with the jury if they make it to the end. These people have bo clue about what your life outside of the game is like so a good actor could essentially script their own background and play the cast all the way to the end.

I will still watch new seasons but some of the recent seasons have really disappointed with the quality of cast and dumb gameplay. Season 50 with all returning cast should be interesting as we already saw some of the early season players struggle in season 40 with how different the game is played by the newer players.