Surprised this hasn't been posted yet...

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Clearly, this a reflection of how his wild days of boozing, women-chasing, and general unlawlessness has stayed with this young man from the day he left Iowa City to today. To think what he may have become if only he had not played football at the University of Iowa.

Either that, or he graduated 6 years ago, and it isn't really a big deal.

Reactions: CycloneErik

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
Not a big deal, because it isn't. I could care less, just some guy who got caught smokin. I don't care where he went to school.

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
Intent to distribute makes this a bigger deal.

It's certainly a higher degree of offense, for sure. But if you're trying to stand on some sort of moral pedestal, that's asinine. The guy makes $5 million/year. He doesn't need the extra income, not to mention he doesn't have time to run around slinging that stuff.

IMO, he will plead it down to a misdemeanor possession charge and nothing more comes about of it.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Clearly, this a reflection of how his wild days of boozing, women-chasing, and general unlawlessness has stayed with this young man from the day he left Iowa City to today. To think what he may have become if only he had not played football at the University of Iowa.

Either that, or he graduated 6 years ago, and it isn't really a big deal.

I agree, in that it's not a big deal in relation to the Iowa-ISU rivalry. He's long gone from these parts.

That was a nicely-written bit of sarcasm there, I must say. In regards to it, when is the last time that we heard of any sort of trouble out east? It really looks like they've gotten things under control, which should really be commended.

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
I agree, in that it's not a big deal in relation to the Iowa-ISU rivalry. He's long gone from these parts.

That was a nicely-written bit of sarcasm there, I must say. In regards to it, when is the last time that we heard of any sort of trouble out east? It really looks like they've gotten things under control, which should really be commended.

I don't think it's that so much as they've just gotten better at covering things up. Lord knows Ferentz and co. have had enough practice!:wink:

In all truthfullness, I think it's a more of a product of the borderline kids weeding themselves out and players finally taking responsibility for their actions. It's really a shame that they have stopped, because now that they have, this board has become a shell of its former self:wideeyed: A good problem to have.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't think it's that so much as they've just gotten better at covering things up. Lord knows Ferentz and co. have had enough practice!:wink:

In all truthfullness, I think it's a more of a product of the borderline kids weeding themselves out and players finally taking responsibility for their actions. It's really a shame that they have stopped, because now that they have, this board has become a shell of its former self:wideeyed: A good problem to have.

I don't mind this problem. :smile:

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
It just proves the old saying: You can remove the player from the Hawkeyes, but you can never remove the Hawkeyes from the player.

TheGovernator

Nov 5, 2008
It just proves the old saying: You can remove the player from the Hawkeyes, but you can never remove the Hawkeyes from the player.

Not sure if you are trying to be witty here, but most would agree with you. Outside of a guy here or there, Iowa's sent a number of role model, impact players to the NFL who are damn proud to graduate from the U of I. Nate Kaeding, Casey Weigman, Chad Greenway, Dallas Clark, Aaron Kampmann, Bob Sanders to name a few. Kaeding isn't as impactful as the rest of the bunch, but he is a stand up guy for sure. IMO, these guys far outweigh a guy who got caught with some weed and by no means is a menace to society.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Not sure if you are trying to be witty here, but most would agree with you. Outside of a guy here or there, Iowa's sent a number of role model, impact players to the NFL who are damn proud to graduate from the U of I. Nate Kaeding, Casey Weigman, Chad Greenway, Dallas Clark, Aaron Kampmann, Bob Sanders to name a few. Kaeding isn't as impactful as the rest of the bunch, but he is a stand up guy for sure. IMO, these guys far outweigh a guy who got caught with some weed and by no means is a menace to society.

C'mon, clearly this a problem that has has to be under control. I mean, if Kirk can't control his players that graduated and went into the NFL 6 years ago, how can anyone possibly expect him to control the players on his teams now?

Something needs to be done.

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
Yahoo! Sports - Falcons defensive end Jonathan Babineaux says he's not guilty of felony marijuana possession.

Babineaux said in a statement Saturday that he and his family "have faith that you will see I'm not guilty."

He was arrested during a traffic stop Thursday night and charged with possession of 1 1/2 ounces of marijuana

I hope the guy the best we shall see what happens

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
Yahoo! Sports - Falcons defensive end Jonathan Babineaux says he's not guilty of felony marijuana possession.

Babineaux said in a statement Saturday that he and his family "have faith that you will see I'm not guilty."

He was arrested during a traffic stop Thursday night and charged with possession of 1 1/2 ounces of marijuana

I hope the guy the best we shall see what happens

Its not his its a friends who was driving his car. Works all the time :jimlad:

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
you'd think if you made $5M a year you could pay to get your tail light fixed and keep your tags up to date ... or pay someone to do it for you.

Isn't that like the first rule in "driving under the influence 101": make sure your lights work.