[SURPRISE] Ben Langston Commits!

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Is there a recruiting profile of him at 247 sports? I cannot find one.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not asking for a link but class and position would be helpful.

Nm. Thanks for the highlight.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
If he was a qualifier out of HS i wonder if they try and get him on campus this summer / fall?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Watching Ben’s video, I found myself constantly reminded of Beau Freyler. I’m assuming the coaches decided they wanted some seasoning in the safety room, experience helping bridge the gap left by Eisworth and White.

Any word on if he’ll be a December grad and January enrollee?

Welcome aboard, Ben! Go Cyclones!

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I understand it's a highlight video, but he takes the correct angle every time.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
I was gonna say the same thing. Yeah of course these are highlights, but he has a real nose for playing high-safety. He looks like a DUDE on the field.

If he is legit 6'2" 190lbs as the profile lists, I think he screams as potentially the next Star safety. He plays pass coverage really well, but looks great at run fits too. He just plays smart, and that is what you need at this position.

https://247sports.com/Player/Ben-Langston-46102829/

Reactions: VeloClone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I took a moment to think about this move.

Yes, I like our young safeties, including—or especially—the current HS commits. However, the two areas hardest hit by graduation next offseason are going to be tight end and safety (and special teams, but who’s counting?). Otherwise, the ‘21 team is going to be loaded.

With Richard Bowens, Keonte Jones and Jaeveyon Morton all leaving the team (all of whom could have played safety or Star), the most experienced player is likely to be D.J. Miller as a junior, followed by a bunch of underclassmen.

So, as much as you like your youngsters, add a dash of experience for leadership.

As far as the tight end room is concerned, the staff already hedged their bets by adding JC redshirt DeShawn Hanikah late, and moving Dan Sichterman over to help at Sam Seonbuchner’s old F spot. Along with Dean and Loving-Black, that’s an intriguing TE room.

And there’s at least a slight chance that Charlie Kolar doesn’t go pro. If he does, either Sichterman will count as the “senior leadership”—or the staff has the option to bring in a grad transfer then. Either way, it’s covered.

Gosh, it’s almost like CMC & Co have a plan or something. Speaking as a Cyclone fan since the finish of Earle Bruce’s tenure, dang I love this staff!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron