Submit Your Questions (and Hot Takes) for the 1/30 Mid-Week Mailbag

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Let's warm things up since it's so cold outside. In addition to the usual questions, I'll allow you to submit #HotTakes for this week's mailbag and I'll comment on them + rate just how hot your take truly is.

The floor is yours.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Hot Take -- Nobody from this squad goes to the NBA early after this season.

Question -- Who ends up in the next recruiting class? Foster? Terry? Blackwell?

:D

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Question: Will Prohm run a two forward lineup this year?
Hot Take: Plain chocolate ice cream sucks.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Did Lewis get left behind for just not having his ID? If so, is that universal to everyone on the team, and will there be steps taken to avoiding the chance it occurs to an important player? If not, what is Lewis in the teachable moment area for?

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Question: Say the ISU nutcup gets a break this year and ISU makes a run to the Final 4 in Minny via Hilton South. What is the most amount of money you would spend to go to the final 4 games (without knowing the history of how much they go for)? When that miracle happens, are you naming a kid Steve Prohm Fitzy (goes by Jeff)?

Hot Take 1: Steve Prohm wins more games than Jeff Prohm
Hot Take 2: Brock Purdy is a Heisman finalist NEXT YEAR
Scorching Take 1: Only serial killers and psychopaths eat plain vanilla ice cream, malts, frozen treats etc etc
Scorching Take 2: Sugar cookies are plain cookies and the worst cookie in a ranking of cookies

I need to go cool off with a lemon lime gatorade after those #hottakes #thebestflavor

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
#HotTake: The Big 12 Title will be a three way split and ISU won’t be one of the three

tenor.gif

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Question: Is Oklahoma really as bad as they looked last night?

Hot take: Lindell Wigginton will start Wednesday night against the Thuggies.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Question: Say the ISU nutcup gets a break this year and ISU makes a run to the Final 4 in Minny via Hilton South. What is the most amount of money you would spend to go to the final 4 games (without knowing the history of how much they go for)? When that miracle happens, are you naming a kid Steve Prohm Fitzy (goes by Jeff)?

Scorching Take 1: Only serial killers and psychopaths eat plain vanilla ice cream, malts, frozen treats etc etc
Scorching Take 2: Sugar cookies are plain cookies and the worst cookie in a ranking of cookies

I need to go cool off with a lemon lime gatorade after those #hottakes #thebestflavor

Everyone names their Gatorade by color not flavor! Get your finger out off your ***.

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
Question: When does Prohm go to timed hockey rotations for line-ups so everyone on Cyclonefanatic will stop b******* about the amount of playing time per player?

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Hot Take: Wigginton doesn't start the rest of the year. Embraces his role as a spark off the bench and we make the 2nd weekend of the tournament.
Hotter Take: Wigginton doesn't show the improvement needed as a point guard to get drafted. Comes back next year playing the 2 guard opposite Halliburton at the 1.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
If you had to pick one, would you rather see ISU win a natty in football or basketball?
Who would be the losing team in that scenario?

Hot take: Lard leads the conference in double-doubles next year

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Question: Here at the middle of the Big XII season, who are your first team all conference performers and your first team all freshmen in the conference? or Who is having a better year, the Cyclone MBB team or the Cyclone WBB team?

Hot take: The two freshmen I thought might redshirt at the beginning of the year (Haliburton & Conditt) will jointly average more minutes per game over the full season than the two I was most excited about at the beginning of the year (THT & Zion Griffin) and Zoran Talley who I thought would be in the regular rotation.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Hot take: Solomon Young gets denied his medical redshirt and comes back pissed off and leads us to a natty this year grabbing boards like no one else.

• Funny
Reactions: madguy30

LurkingClone

Dec 13, 2017
Witness Protection
Question: What is your favorite magnet on your refrigerator right now?

Hot Take: Both Cyclones Men's and Women's Basketball teams win out in the Big 12 Tournaments this year playing Baylor in the title games.

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines

I agree with most of this, but the sugar cookies you can get from hyvee that have that hint of lemon in them are special...I'm pretty sure the kids that bought malt cups at the town swimming pool are in prison now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron