Student Roll Call vs Baylor

As a student, will you be at the Baylor game

• Total voters

JackCyclone

Jan 31, 2013
Will be in the old people section with one other student, sorry if we are obnoxious and loud. Actually no, I'm not really sorry.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
We need to be extra obnoxious for this one. It is our duty. We're like The 300. The elite cyclone alley fans that are making the trip.
On that note, CAC must be heart broken that their prime camera seats are taken (please tell me they're taken).

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We need to start giving all students first-option on these tickets at least for conference games, and include that option in the price of season tickets. I understand it for the bodybag games we often have but conference games we need to have as much of the student section as possible.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
We need to start giving all students first-option on these tickets at least for conference games, and include that option in the price of season tickets. I understand it for the bodybag games we often have but conference games we need to have as much of the student section as possible.

I think the AD did a good job. They gave students first right of refusal on break game tickets at $5 apiece. I wouldn't want them just included with student tickets, because a lot of students won't be going and we'd have an empty section.

Similarly, if you then oversold to the general public to fill the seats you expected to be empty, and they weren't, you'd end up kicking someone out again - either a student or a member of the public.

I didn't think I was going to be in Ames by the 7th which is why I didn't get a $5 ticket when they emailed all student season ticket holders with the opportunity to purchase one, so that's why I ended up with nosebleed seats instead.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I think the AD did a good job. They gave students first right of refusal on break game tickets at $5 apiece. I wouldn't want them just included with student tickets, because a lot of students won't be going and we'd have an empty section.

Thats why i said 'first option'. Maybe let them line up for tickets at a designated date before break, then sell remaining tickets.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Thats why i said 'first option'. Maybe let them line up for tickets at a designated date before break, then sell remaining tickets.

I think the AD did a good job. They gave students first right of refusal on break game tickets at $5 apiece.

AD emailed all students with season tickets and said "Buy break game tickets at $5 apiece before XXX date, at which time we will offer the unsold ones to the general public."

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale

Similarly, if you then oversold to the general public to fill the seats you expected to be empty, and they weren't, you'd end up kicking someone out again - either a student or a member of the public.

I didn't think I was going to be in Ames by the 7th which is why I didn't get a $5 ticket when they emailed all student season ticket holders with the opportunity to purchase one, so that's why I ended up with nosebleed seats instead.
The $5 dollar ticket options were not marketed very well. I didn't realize that was an option until I looked a couple of weeks before break at ticket options. I thought the best deal was going to be the $15 for two games. Next year will be better because I will know to look for it, but the $5 thing was poorly marketed.

I might have gotten an e-mail about it but that got lost with all of the other spam that groups try to send you.

taylortomtt

Oct 26, 2010
Waterloo
I hope all the old people that bought tickets in cylone alley for this game plan on standing...

I will be one of the old guys in the student section. You dont have to worry about us standing and screaming the whole time, that shouldnt be a problem since I just got my cane fixed. My real question is how early do we need to be there to get a seat?

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
If I can get my car fixed in time and find a decent priced ticket, I intend on being there.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I will be one of the old guys in the student section. You dont have to worry about us standing and screaming the whole time, that shouldnt be a problem since I just got my cane fixed. My real question is how early do we need to be there to get a seat?

You arent camping yet?