Storm chasers wanted for reality series

MrsWx4Cy

Dec 5, 2007
Received a call from a production company this afternoon needing chasers for a new eight-part reality series. They are not looking for "extreme" chasers looking to get 10 minutes of fame and then get killed. Rather they want real chasers from all walks of life (except tour groups --which have already been covered extensively) whom show the best of what chasing is about. If you are interested and plan to be out chasing in the next couple of weeks take a look at the message below.

Original Productions, the company that produces "The Deadliest Catch" and "Ice Road Truckers" is starting up a new show called, "Tornado Road," for NBC. We will be following storm chasers as they pursue storms in Tornado Alley this season.

We're aware that it's the middle of tornado season so we are rushing to cast this show and start shooting as early as next week. We are trying to find experienced storm chasers with a passion for extreme weather and who have dynamic personalities. It's a tall order considering our time frame. I really appreciate your help in finding the right people for our show. Please forward any names to me to at this e-mail address.

Kate Harrington [email protected]

Or, you can have them call me directly at 818-481-8874. The clock is ticking loudly so any interested people need to contact me ASAP.

Last edited:

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Only if this is my ride and someone else pays for gas...

Dscn0126sm5.jpg

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
The filming season should have started months ago this year. Tennessee has had the most tornados to date. It was probably from all that air flowing out of Kentucky this last week.

1TRUFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Received a call from a production company this afternoon needing chasers for a new eight-part reality series. They are not looking for "extreme" chasers looking to get 10 minutes of fame and then get killed. Rather they want real chasers from all walks of life (except tour groups --which have already been covered extensively) whom show the best of what chasing is about. If you are interested and plan to be out chasing in the next couple of weeks take a look at the message below.

Original Productions, the company that produces "The Deadliest Catch" and "Ice Road Truckers" is starting up a new show called, "Tornado Road," for NBC. We will be following storm chasers as they pursue storms in Tornado Alley this season.
We're aware that it's the middle of tornado season so we are rushing to cast this show and start shooting as early as next week. We are trying to find experienced storm chasers with a passion for extreme weather and who have dynamic personalities. It's a tall order considering our time frame. I really appreciate your help in finding the right people for our show. Please forward any names to me to at this e-mail address.

Kate Harrington [email protected]

Or, you can have them call me directly at 818-481-8874. The clock is ticking loudly so any interested people need to contact me ASAP.

Is there anyhting else that needs to be done, other than emailing Kate? Thanks!

1TRUFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I would guess that she'll have some things that need done/signed but this is all the info we received.

Cool, thanks! I just emailed her to let her know I was intersted. We will see if anything comes of it...

Thanks!

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
So I am assuming this show is going to be filled with people who are "between jobs" given they are beginning to shoot almost immediately.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
How does one get involved in storm chasing? I would quickly trade my current position for one in that field. However, I have no qualifications for that.

MrsWx4Cy

Dec 5, 2007
How does one get involved in storm chasing? I would quickly trade my current position for one in that field. However, I have no qualifications for that.

I would contact the Iowa State meteorology group, specifically Bill Gallus. They should be able to hook you up with some chasers and/or training.