Steely Dan - Your Top Five Tunes

Freebird

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Glad to see a bunch of Steely Dan fans. Probably top three of my all time favorites. Was so sad to hear the news. Had always planned to see them live even though they were more of a studio band.
Thanks to the box set CDs I bought way back in high school I'm pretty sure I know every word to every song.
I haven't mourned the loss of a musician this much since SRV was killed.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I've only grown a true appreciation for Steely Dan within the last 5 years or so, and now I'd rank them right up there with my favorite bands ever. Such amazing musicians. Just a few of my favorites in no particular order.....

Kid Charlemagne
Peg (probably my favorite)
Josie
My Old School
Hey Nineteen
Babylon Sisters

If you have time and are amazed at the musicianship of some people, watch these sometime...

Reactions: Bewilderme

mullet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 2, 2010
I mean how does one not like 'Do It Again'. Its a much different song but on the level of a Gimme Shelter/The Chain in terms of execution.

Obviously a ton of fans but still feel they are unkown to the masses for how solid they were as a group.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Lately my No. 1 has been Time out of Mind.

It's perfection and grace

It's the smile on Coach Campbell's face

It has been far too long since I have listened to Time out of Mind. Great song.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
This list will change every time I make it but:

Your Gold Teeth
Showbiz Kids
Pretzel Logic
Kings
Only a Fool Would Say That

Reactions: Macloney

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
All Dan Fans should check out the Gaucho/Katy lied outtakes on YouTube. The stuff they threw out is better than 99% of the **** out there.

Reactions: weR138

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
They used Reelin' In The Years for bumper music on TNF last night. Been hearing a lot of SD on morning shows and late night talk shows. Nice tributes to Becker.