Spring Weather 2021

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am in Dubuque.

Ah, flashback to driving down there in the snow decades age from Mpls to see GF. Failed after several attempts to get up Loras in the snow in my piece of crap Chevy Nova and drove around through downtown and back via Grandview and gingerly navigated over to Prairie Street. The Nova, known to me as The Conqueror of the Minnesota Winter and Car for Life, was no match for the steep streets. Stopped short at Chestnut, not daring to go over the crest on either Walnut or Prairie to get next to her house. :rolleyes:

BTW, Zillow says that old brick mini-mansion with da yuge lot is for sale. Lot of remodeling since back-in-the-day but recognized CWW's attic bedroom suite.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Ah, flashback to driving down there in the snow decades age from Mpls to see GF. Failed after several attempts to get up Loras in the snow in my piece of crap Chevy Nova and drove around through downtown and back via Grandview and gingerly navigated over to Prairie Street. The Nova, known to me as The Conqueror of the Minnesota Winter and Car for Life, was no match for the steep streets. Stopped short at Chestnut, not daring to go over the crest on either Walnut or Prairie to get next to her house. :rolleyes:

Funny you mentioned that, because I am currently stranded at a Hy-Vee waiting for the roads to clear up. My car can't handle the hills, and going home for lunch turned into a major headache.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Seeing this weekends forecast
200.gif

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Didn’t realize things got rough last night:

It was a very quick and short lived spin up. I have a friend who lives a mile or two NW of this location and he said they never even had wind. This is the kind that is maybe 5-10 feet wide and on the ground for a block if that. I wasn't watching velocity last night but I wouldn't be surprised it was so short lived to be between scans and hardly if ever seen on radar.

quarter mile to the south or west and it is in a field and we never hear about it.

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum