Speed kills

clone4sure

Sep 5, 2014
Who are the fastest players in pads for our team this year. I remember listening to Barry Switzer from Oklahoma saying speed does two things. eats up lots of yards and tires the other team out by try to keep up. I'm hoping we have some players that can do that for us this year.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I moved to Norman at the end of the Switzer era. Went to the spring scrimmage with some co-workers and afterwards we walked out on the field.

I was amazed at the amount of crown on the field and the slope to the sidelines. Way more than you would need for drainage. I often wondered if that was to help RBs get to the edge faster out of the wishbone. I realize the defense has the same slope but if you had a step or two you would be gone before the defense had a chance.

I always wondered, are there specs that you have to follow on a football field construction other than dimensions?

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I moved to Norman at the end of the Switzer era. Went to the spring scrimmage with some co-workers and afterwards we walked out on the field.

I was amazed at the amount of crown on the field and the slope to the sidelines. Way more than you would need for drainage. I often wondered if that was to help RBs get to the edge faster out of the wishbone. I realize the defense has the same slope but if you had a step or two you would be gone before the defense had a chance.

I always wondered, are there specs that you have to follow on a football field construction other than dimensions?

Nebraska's was the same way back then. Standing on one sideline, you could not see the waist of someone on the opposite sideline.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
To answer the OP, here are a few names based solely off of what i have seen in games, spring practice, etc.

Trever Ryen
Mike Warren
Brian Peavy
Jauan Wesley
Jomal Wiltz

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Nebraska's was the same way back then. Standing on one sideline, you could not see the waist of someone on the opposite sideline.

Kansas State was that way when I was playing. makes it hard for QBs to throw an out route.

Last edited:

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia

Back in my day (horse and buggy), K-State was the worst. We'd travel to K-State for our soccer games. And, the darned ball would roll, by itself from the center of the field to the sidelines. Making things worse was the artificial turf. Talk about getting tired ... Geeezzzz

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron