SOURCE- Campbell signs with ISU

IGoState

Jan 15, 2011
who is deace? not joking moved back to ames a few years ago, have i missed something? is he a big donner? never heard of a deace...

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
With the transfer stuff and Lazard there is more likelihood that I transfer than he does. He is a Cyclone all the way.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hoping the column CW wrote about new coach possibly considering Sage or Seneca as an assistant happens. I think either would be a great QB coach.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Hoping the column CW wrote about new coach possibly considering Sage or Seneca as an assistant happens. I think either would be a great QB coach.
It's fun, but I doubt it happens-- especially if Ayeni gets promoted to OC. With such a young staff you need experience to balance it out.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015
They haven't been relevant for a while, like at least 5 years. You should know better.

Deace is a severely overweight man that used to run a cyclone site. Now he is a blowhard that has a radio show.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
So someone could hypothetically be unhappy with the hire because a hypothetical non-existent perfect coach wasn't hired. Okay then. I'll stand by my post.

I wasn't saying that the coach whom was hired had to meet ALL of those qualifications to be a viable candidate. Just that any of those inadequacies alone could be reason for concern. I know that Ames is a tough sell and that any of the dream list coaches aren't coming to Ames.

• Funny
Reactions: CyDude16

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Deace is a severely overweight man that used to run a cyclone site. Now he is a blowhard that has a radio show.

Don't forget he's a Michigan fan that moonlighted as an Iowa State fan for a few years because he was being paid to do so. If Deace hates the hire, I especially love it.

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
This is the "home run hire" everyone should be excited about. Young coach, solid recruiter, allows us to keep our best assistant, etc. and if he can string together 3-4 strong years here and leave for a better job, I'll be ecstatic.

If he can get us to 8 wins a couple times and set up a solid foundation of recruits, I won't care when he leaves for Ohio State. Baby Steps. Building the program up from the bottom takes a long time, but keeping the cupboard stocked and improving the rep is crucial. If he gets us through the first stages, I will be happy.

IGoState

Jan 15, 2011
wait steve deace, i thought he moved out of state? i paid for his site at a time and all he did was bag on state, total loser wanna be big blue guy. what would that blow hard care?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron