Solomon Young surgery today

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
No but you don't get points for pictures and when it goes in it's not broken.
not sure 16 shots is a large enough sample size to honestly say that it is or isn't broken. looking at it live it looks nothing like Ray Allen. that said, if he can continue to stroked it at 50% with a higher volume, nobody will give a **** what it looks like.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I had one of my knee meniscus repaired. It isn't 4 weeks recovery until starting serious sports again. I wasn't supposed to apply pressure and walk on it for 4 weeks, then you start the rehab to strengthen the muscles around it.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
not sure 16 shots is a large enough sample size to honestly say that it is or isn't broken. looking at it live it looks nothing like Ray Allen. that said, if he can continue to stroked it at 50% with a higher volume, nobody will give a **** what it looks like.
It’s too bad we don’t have a bigger sample this year. Hopefully we get a lot more data these next five games.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
He's done for season. No reason to come back. Let's see how other guys can rally up against this adversity. Pray for Solo for his speedy recovery.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
It all depends on what your definition of broken is. I always thought of a broken jumper as having more to do with poor mechanics than “if it goes in and is repeatable”.

Having a slow release is only a problem if he can't get it off. With his height, he can, and generally guys learn to get a quicker release as they get more experience.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It all depends on what your definition of broken is. I always thought of a broken jumper as having more to do with poor mechanics than “if it goes in and is repeatable”.
I always thought of Jump shots like Golf Swings, there are some ugly ones out there, but if you do it long enough and become good enough at it, noone is going to fault you for your mechanics. If you have poor mechanics and it is not going in, people will hound you for it. That is what I always felt a "broken jumper" was, poor mechanics without the results.

i.e. - Markell Fultz has a broken jumper. Shawn Marion just had an ugly one.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

cyclones360

Oct 26, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa
I always thought of Jump shots like Golf Swings, there are some ugly ones out there, but if you do it long enough and become good enough at it, noone is going to fault you for your mechanics. If you have poor mechanics and it is not going in, people will hound you for it. That is what I always felt a "broken jumper" was, poor mechanics without the results.

i.e. - Markell Fultz has a broken jumper. Shawn Marion just had an ugly one.

Long does not have a large enough sample size to consider his shot "good" either. So I guess were "indifferent" about it? If he's shooting 50% from 3 for his entire ISU career, and as some of you say his shot is "repeatable and not broken", why hasn't Prohm played him more and drawn up more plays for him? Surely he would love a 50% 3 shooter to take 15 3's per game. I think he's more of a 30% 3 shooter.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Long does not have a large enough sample size to consider his shot "good" either. So I guess were "indifferent" about it? If he's shooting 50% from 3 for his entire ISU career, and as some of you say his shot is "repeatable and not broken", why hasn't Prohm played him more and drawn up more plays for him? Surely he would love a 50% 3 shooter to take 15 3's per game. I think he's more of a 30% 3 shooter.
Nobody does this. We didn't do this when we had Tyrus, Naz or Matt playing at their best, why would we do it for a sophomore who is coming off the bench?

Could he be closer to a 30% 3pshooter? Certainly. But he hasn't done anything for you to think that, other than you don't like the way his shot looks. In HS he played against some of the best scorers in his class and put up comparable numbers, with the same shooting form he has now. He was rated as high as he was in prep rankings, with the shooting form he has now, because he was making shots at a high clip.

He's a very solid body in a wing role that could end up making him more of a 3 and D guy. The thing I disagreed with is that a ugly shot does not mean it is broken, that's all.