So many reasons to boycott tonights CFP title game

Frog

May 6, 2021
I'm watching. My brother-in-law played for UGA in the 90's - kicker. He says they all call Nick Sabin Nick Satin down there which I think is funny. After the semi games I do think Dawgs will win. I hope it is a good game.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
That's a pretty myopic perspective.
  • Didn't all 125ish teams play 12 regular season games?
  • Didn't each conference play a Championship game to establish its BEST team?
The playoff is 4 teams, but determining those 4 was a wide-open audition. Just happens Georgia and Bama rose to the top!!

What other team(s) deserves a playoff shot over the 4 teams that got bids? Ohio State, Utah, Baylor, Notre Dame, Pittsburg, etc

Would I rather have an 8 team playoff? Sure, but I still think we would still have a Bama v. Georgia matchup tonight.
Yes they did.

Alabama is the Best team in the SEC. Georgia should not have gotten a bid over one of the other conference champions or ND.

Looking at how the bowl season played out, the rest of the SEC is pretty week. Which is to be expected given how often they turn over their coaching staff.

Saben said Cincinnati gave them everything they could handle. The game was a lot more competitive then what the score showed.

Baylor would give them a run for their money.

Anyway you look at it. Right now it is an Invitational. The criteria to get invited changes to give them their predetermined teams.

It's a joke.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Well for beginners a conference champion of any major conference definitely deserves to be in the playoff. That's not even debatable.

Not one other sport's playoff does that, college or professional.

Picking and choosing might happen in 16 teams out of 16-72 but not 4 without it not being a process all have access to.

Besides the fact, why would you want to give your viewership to a game where a network is trying to continue to give the SEC huge advantages over the rest of the field by moving UT & OU to them. Its horrible for CFB.

An auto-qualifier is debatable if that team has 3 losses. I thought Utah was playing great at season end, but the beautiful thing about college football is games in Sep matter.

Every school enters the season knowing it takes NEAR perfection over the 12 games regular season to make the 4 team playoff.

I hope it does move to an 8 team playoff with the 5 highest ranked conference champs getting an auto-bid. Currently, more than 8 would just lead to more blow-out games in a play-off. Also with CCG games, any more than 8 would probably result in rematch games in early playoff rounds.

I get people don't like the idea of an SEC CCG rematch- but they earned it in beating Michigan & Cincinnati handily.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
I'm not boycotting as much as I am just not watching because I'm not interested in game that was just played a month ago where one team won by 2.5 tds.

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I'll be watching. Two great teams and programs who've proven they are the best of the best. Yeah, it sucks they're in the SEC, but that conference has proved their top is stronger than the other conferences'.

I love college football, and I'm definitely not going to participate in some dorky "boycott" that will have zero effect on anything. Have fun watching Raw or whatever.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Yes they did.

Alabama is the Best team in the SEC. Georgia should not have gotten a bid over one of the other conference champions or ND.

Looking at how the bowl season played out, the rest of the SEC is pretty week. Which is to be expected given how often they turn over their coaching staff.

Saben said Cincinnati gave them everything they could handle. The game was a lot more competitive then what the score showed.

Baylor would give them a run for their money.

Anyway you look at it. Right now it is an Invitational. The criteria to get invited changes to give them their predetermined teams.

It's a joke.
Unless the playoff only includes Conference Champions there will always be "at-large" teams in a playoff. This year it was Georgia.

Sure Baylor could argue they deserved a bid. But maybe they should have scheduled a better team than BYU in their non-con.

Georgia played Clemson.
Cincy played ND.

I understand schedules are made many years in advance. But maybe Baylor should have learned their lesson when the were omitted from the playoff 5-7 years ago

• Dumb
Reactions: DarkStar

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
An auto-qualifier is debatable if that team has 3 losses. I thought Utah was playing great at season end, but the beautiful thing about college football is games in Sep matter.

Every school enters the season knowing it takes NEAR perfection over the 12 games regular season to make the 4 team playoff.

I hope it does move to an 8 team playoff with the 5 highest ranked conference champs getting an auto-bid. Currently, more than 8 would just lead to more blow-out games in a play-off. Also with CCG games, any more than 8 would probably result in rematch games in early playoff rounds.

I get people don't like the idea of an SEC CCG rematch- but they earned it in beating Michigan & Cincinnati handily.

What other sport does that? Like someone earlier said CFB easily has the most boring post-season of any sport.

Last time I checked, I was at a public place last night and there was quite a bit of drama and interest in a regular season ending game involving two teams fighting for the last playoff birth or two to be earned in the AFC last night. There was even a lot of interest in two teams with 7 losses.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I haven’t decided if I am watching yet. I hate the SEC and what they are doing to College Football. If I watch, it may just be for a short time. I hope it is a Georgia blowout.

Im starting to think the old bowl system was better with no National Championship game.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
Unless the playoff only includes Conference Champions there will always be "at-large" teams in a playoff. This year it was Georgia.

Sure Baylor could argue they deserved a bid. But maybe they should have scheduled a better team than BYU in their non-con.

Georgia played Clemson.
Cincy played ND.

I understand schedules are made many years in advance. But maybe Baylor should have learned their lesson when the were omitted from the playoff 5-7 years ago

A real simple fix to it is every conference has conference semi-finals that start the last week of the season which is a floating game. Everyone gets a game whether in conference semi-finals or not. Do some type of ticket revenue sharing within each league for that last game. Followed by CCG. Only 6 teams to the CFP seeded, with two teams getting a bye. You have to be a conference champion to play and it would take out the incentive of putting all of biggest brands into two leagues and leaving everyone else to receive meager tv deals. Same number of games for people in the playoffs now. You can keep or do away with the bowl games.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I really hope tonight's championship games ratings tank.

First of all we continue with this heavily rigged 4 team invitational now until 2026, where certain teams and league champs are heavily given preference over others. Why watch a sport all year long for a championship that is heavily slanted towards involving just a handful of teams and everyone else plays a post-season exhibition game 4 weeks after the season? Oh wait, I know too many playoff teams makes the regular season worthless. Tell that to the NFL and the Chargers/Raiders last night.

Secondly, we see a sport not trying to engage all areas of the country but become more and more regionalized and shrink the pie of the number of fans instead of increasing it. Its a system where instead of trying to engage all parts of the country they are trying to create super leagues to give the teams who already a huge built in advantage in the brand value, recruiting and revenues. What's the sports answer? Lets further consolidate the power and widen the gap.

Count me out, send them a message with your viewership.

There's a game tonight?

Reactions: carvers4math

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I really hope tonight's championship games ratings tank.

First of all we continue with this heavily rigged 4 team invitational now until 2026, where certain teams and league champs are heavily given preference over others. Why watch a sport all year long for a championship that is heavily slanted towards involving just a handful of teams and everyone else plays a post-season exhibition game 4 weeks after the season? Oh wait, I know too many playoff teams makes the regular season worthless. Tell that to the NFL and the Chargers/Raiders last night.

Secondly, we see a sport not trying to engage all areas of the country but become more and more regionalized and shrink the pie of the number of fans instead of increasing it. Its a system where instead of trying to engage all parts of the country they are trying to create super leagues to give the teams who already a huge built in advantage in the brand value, recruiting and revenues. What's the sports answer? Lets further consolidate the power and widen the gap.

Count me out, send them a message with your viewership.
What?

I’m looking forward to the clear 2 best teams playing.

I also think the Big 12 benefits from the SEC having leverage over the alliance

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron