So many reasons to boycott tonights CFP title game

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I have to deal with a problem at work at 11pm so I'll snooze on the couch for a bit during the game. I have never sat down with the intention of watching the full game. I'll switch over on occasion to check out the score and watch a play or two but that's it. If I'm not invested in either team what's the point?

• Agree
Reactions: legi and aauummm

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I want UGA to win just to get over the hump, but at the same time I like Saban and want his haters to be even more annoyed if Bama wins.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Its not about whether this is the two best teams its about access for the rest of the country. Four teams is an invitational not a playoff. It took almost a miracle for Cincy to get in this year and they wouldn't have if they didn't have ND scheduled this year. Cincy certainly gave as good of a performance as Michigan did.

Right now we have seen the sport be very top heavy but it doesn't always have to be that way.

Then we see the sport trying to put everyone at the top in the SEC & B1G to allow those schools to dominate even by larger scales revenue wise. Its just going to continue to create a matchup like tonight.

When has college football not been top heavy?

There's always been a handful of teams or pograms that were featured above anyone else and generally it was because they wereway better than everyone else.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'm watching because I bet Bama will win, and for some reason Georgia is a favorite. Made money on the SEC title game as well

Reactions: SWCy13

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If all of the marginalized fan bases don't watch it adds up. If the PAC region doesn't watch it adds up. If the state of Texas doesn't watch it adds up. If fan bases that just want a true playoff with access to a reasonable percentage of teams tune out it adds up.
Well, If ratings for PAC games are any indication I think you can be confident in that region not watching.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Its not about whether this is the two best teams its about access for the rest of the country. Four teams is an invitational not a playoff. It took almost a miracle for Cincy to get in this year and they wouldn't have if they didn't have ND scheduled this year. Cincy certainly gave as good of a performance as Michigan did.

Right now we have seen the sport be very top heavy but it doesn't always have to be that way.

Then we see the sport trying to put everyone at the top in the SEC & B1G to allow those schools to dominate even by larger scales revenue wise. Its just going to continue to create a matchup like tonight.
That's a pretty myopic perspective.
  • Didn't all 125ish teams play 12 regular season games?
  • Didn't each conference play a Championship game to establish its BEST team?
The playoff is 4 teams, but determining those 4 was a wide-open audition. Just happens Georgia and Bama rose to the top!!

What other team(s) deserves a playoff shot over the 4 teams that got bids? Ohio State, Utah, Baylor, Notre Dame, Pittsburg, etc

Would I rather have an 8 team playoff? Sure, but I still think we would still have a Bama v. Georgia matchup tonight.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Unpopular but I took UGA money line on this one for a couple hundy.

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
If it wasn't for gambling I would have no reason to watch. However...there is gambling. And Bama is a dog, which is usually free money!

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Have fun doing whatever it is you're doing instead on a Monday night in January. I'll be tuned in to what should hopefully be a hell of a football game

Reactions: WhoISthis

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
The playoff is 4 teams, but determining those 4 was a wide-open audition. Just happens Georgia and Bama rose to the top!!

What other team(s) deserves a playoff shot over the 4 teams that got bids? Ohio State, Utah, Baylor, Notre Dame, Pittsburg, etc

Would I rather have an 8 team playoff? Sure, but I still think we would still have a Bama v. Georgia matchup tonight.

Well for beginners a conference champion of any major conference definitely deserves to be in the playoff. That's not even debatable.

Not one other sport's playoff does that, college or professional.

Picking and choosing might happen in 16 teams out of 16-72 but not 4 without it not being a process all have access to.

Besides the fact, why would you want to give your viewership to a game where a network is trying to continue to give the SEC huge advantages over the rest of the field by moving UT & OU to them. Its horrible for CFB.

• Dumb

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I’m going to watch because I love college football but I agree there are a ton of flaws with the current system. Unfortunately there isn’t a great solution to the postseason mess.
Expanding the playoff might be a better option but it’s not the magic bullet.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well for beginners a conference champion of any major conference definitely deserves to be in the playoff. That's not even debatable.

Not one other sport's playoff does that, college or professional.

Picking and choosing might happen in 16 teams out of 16-72 but not 4 without it not being a process all have access to.

Besides the fact, why would you want to give your viewership to a game where a network is trying to continue to give the SEC huge advantages over the rest of the field by moving UT & OU to them. Its horrible for CFB.

*Checks notes*

This kind of thing has been going on forever.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If all of the marginalized fan bases don't watch it adds up. If the PAC region doesn't watch it adds up. If the state of Texas doesn't watch it adds up. If fan bases that just want a true playoff with access to a reasonable percentage of teams tune out it adds up.
The PAC region doesn't deserve to even have football, let alone watch it.

• Friendly

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

90% of people can't grasp this. I wish these weren't the best 2 teams but they are.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron