So.... Ejim's "reaction" to the crowd... Suspension coming?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It doesn't reflect well on Ejim, but not a big deal. The Kane thing looked bad, hopefully it wasn't intentional.

The guy caught the ball with a clear shot to the basket...all game he had been keeping the ball high. We were thinking Kane thought he was going to bring the ball up, when he actually lowered it (for once). DID look bad; then again, Hogue a few plays earlier fouled BYU with his lip and drew his own blood, so...

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Re: Ejim gives crowd the bird

I am Ok with playing games with the crowd but there are better ways to mess with them then giving them the birb. I always liked getting the crowd to yell sit down when their player shoots his free throw.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
While I would understand if there was a game suspension it's kind of silly if you think about it. How many times does a guy blatantly say the f word on tv---not really much different than throwing the bird.

SenorCy

Aug 29, 2010
C.J.
Thug Life
scott-christopherson.jpg

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It was great because he faked out the student section on their "sit down!" and in the same motion flipped em the bird. I laughed.

This was a great act of oneupsmanship on the whole BYU student section.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
I don't see a reason for suspension, and don't think there will be one. Everyone knows what kind of person and student Ejim is, plus he took full responsibility for it and apologized quickly afterwards. Not happy that he did it, but we all know he likely won't do it again.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It was great because he faked out the student section on their "sit down!" and in the same motion flipped em the bird. I laughed.

Did you catch the move Hogue made? When they were counting his steps, he stopped at a team huddle. With his back to the camera he did this little run in place move, about six fast steps...while the student section tried to keep up.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

Good, although he really should have been giving it to the refs. Ejim and Georges battle guys 3-4 inches taller every night and always get called for phantom **** while the opponents are allowed much more contact.

Reactions: cycfan1

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Doc Sadler just tweeted that he hoped his son was a stand up guy like Ejim. So I am going to go ahead and assume that something pretty bad was said to him and he reacted poorly. No big deal and we could probably stop talking about it now.

Mel could probably flip off every opponents fan base and I would still love him.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Here's a gif of Pete Maravich throwing up two birds. Melvin's in good company.

ku-medium.gif

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

Keep in mind this was in Provo. While still not ok, no one knows what language may have been used toward Ejim by the fans.

Help Support Us

Become a patron