So Cyclonefanatic posters are now cockroaches?

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
I love their show. They are pretty hilarious if you can see through most of what they say. I didn't here today's comment, but the Rob Howe is a cockroach is a running gag with him. They jokingly called him that once before he did a segment on their show.

So pretend like when they lie it's really the truth? Oh I gotcha. :eek:

Mowilly

May 21, 2008
Capp Timm Field
Did Kenny ask Gary Barta if it was okay to call us that?

( I am drawing reference to the dumbest question ever asked in the history of radio)

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I love their show. They are pretty hilarious if you can see through most of what they say. I didn't here today's comment, but the Rob Howe is a cockroach is a running gag with him. They jokingly called him that once before he did a segment on their show.

No, they rip on every local team and then turn to butt kissers as soon as that team is doing good again. (see Iowa Football)

I want an afternoon sports show that's able to get interviews with the local teams/coaches/connections on a regular basis. I don't want them ticking off every team around here just for shock value.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
No, they rip on every local team and then turn to butt kissers as soon as that team is doing good again. (see Iowa Football)

I .

Or Drake BB, no wait they are off that bandwagon, its UNI Basketball now.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Why would they give Dannon credit for any small portion of their success? He's been on the job 8 months, didnt hire the coaches, didnt do a whole lot IMO. He jacked up ticket prices to the ISU game and PO'd a lot of fans though. Genius!

Reactions: Phaedrus

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I apologize as I made the mistake of tuning in and heard some UNI talk and was interested in their take and like normal (when they are angling) they through out a bunch of very negative comments and today they aimed them toward Hartzel (sp?) and how much better Dannen is as an AD (some obvious *** kissing to get them better hotel at the NCAA's I'm sure) and than next thing I know I'm hearing Rob Howe is coming up on the show and comparing him to a cockroach and than Marty pipes up something about just like Cyclonefanatic posters and how this site doesn't like them and blah blah freakin blah.

Well, Marty may be a blow hard idiot...

But it would appear that he does have the pulse of his audience...

Mowilly

May 21, 2008
Capp Timm Field
What question did he ask Barta?

When JP was on the show (to explain the $90 tickets to the Iowa game as incentive to get ISU fans to buy season tickets instead)and was ambushed by the bums, Miller asked JP if he asked Gary Barta about his decision.

JP replied "why do I care what Gary thinks of our ticket policy?"

This is not an attempt to beat a dead horse, simply to answer why Kenny asked a terrible question:no:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
They need to get rid of M&M and get someone who knows allot about Cyclones to come on right after Jon Miller. I really don't have anything against Jon Miller, except that he is a hawk and I don't like to have a hawk fan telling me about the Cyclones.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Haven't listened to Jon Miller or the M&M doinks for a long time now. Figured I'd be tempted to see what they were drooling about from time to time but would rather listen the Glen Beck then the crap they fabricate.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
I liked that Marty said Norwalk would lose by 30 tonight to Wahlert ... I'm as shocked as everyone else that he could get something wrong since Norwalk was winning by 12 with 1:30 left in the game.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Haven't listened to Jon Miller or the M&M doinks for a long time now. Figured I'd be tempted to see what they were drooling about from time to time but would rather listen the Glen Beck then the crap they fabricate.

Glen Beck may be the only radio/TV guy I am less apt to listen to than Mike & Mike.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
man, am I glad I live in eastern Iowa were it is all Hawks all the time. At least the radio guys over here just spend time talking up Iowa, and don't have an agenda for ISU. This way I can just avoid sports radio all together. Like tune anyway.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I liked that Marty said Norwalk would lose by 30 tonight to Wahlert ... I'm as shocked as everyone else that he could get something wrong since Norwalk was winning by 12 with 1:30 left in the game.

Well, his dentist did tell him that Wahlert was really good:smile:.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
This is a bad time of year to listen to them as well. They dont really care for Bball, they love to talk baseball and football. They just start stuff to keep people interested til baseball starts.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
man, am I glad I live in eastern Iowa were it is all Hawks all the time. At least the radio guys over here just spend time talking up Iowa, and don't have an agenda for ISU. This way I can just avoid sports radio all together. Like tune anyway.

Oh its coming here too. Once BB season is over Jon Miller will be going over the Iowa 4 deep 3 or 4 times a week.