Six Head NFL coaching jobs available.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I just don’t see Campbell ever going to the NFL to be honest. I think he genuinely enjoys coaching and mentoring these young kids. I would be way less shocked IF he ever leaves seeing it be for a “higher profile” university. That being said, I think he wants that at ISU!
FWIW, I don’t think the OP was suggesting that. Trickle down meaning if Ryan Day leaves Ohio State things could get interesting. The only job I see Campbell leaving Iowa State for is Ohio State... not a guarantee, that’s just how I feel.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Did the ISU running backs coach leave for NW a couple years back?

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
FWIW, I don’t think the OP was suggesting that. Trickle down meaning if Ryan Day leaves Ohio State things could get interesting. The only job I see Campbell leaving Iowa State for is Ohio State... not a guarantee, that’s just how I feel.
I don't see Matt leaving for ANY job right now. He will not walk into the facility and look those young men in the eyes and tell them that after all he's asked of them, and they delivered. But that's just how I think.

Reactions: clone2003

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009

agreed

I wasn’t necessarily responding to OP just saying in general - I don’t see him every wanting an NFL job, but who knows

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Just. Can't. Picture. Matt. In. NFL.
Not his style.
He's a massive NFL fan. Cleveland Browns. Along with a lot of the staff that came with him from Toledo.
Not saying he's bound for the pros at all, but I don't think you can assume anything. I guarantee he's pictured himself there at one time or another.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Not yet, anyway. If he can bring home a Big 12 Title and make another New Years 6 appearance, he’d probably feel like he’s leaving the program in a good place and is ready for the next challenge. And we would have no hard feelings.
I’m a small person but I would have hard feelings.

• Informative
Reactions: CYCLNST8

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
What primary source said he turned down the jets?
From a couple years ago:

That's not a primary source, but nobody from the Jets is ever going to go on record with it, and Campbell hasn't either. If Rapoport is saying it, you can be assured it came from someone who knows.

Reactions: brett108

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Jacksonville is the best job in the group, you have the first pick in the draft, so you get the kid from Clemson, experts are saying he is a generational talent, and they have plenty of cap space, most in the league to bring in other players to improve and build around. They pick # 1, # 26 in the first and # 33 and #52 in the second. They should be able to find at least 2 to 3 above average players.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
From a couple years ago:

That's not a primary source, but nobody from the Jets is ever going to go on record with it, and Campbell hasn't either. If Rapoport is saying it, you can be assured it came from someone who knows.

hey man paul rhoads had a solid take it to the bank offer from wisconsin.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Jacksonville is the best job in the group, you have the first pick in the draft, so you get the kid from Clemson, experts are saying he is a generational talent, and they have plenty of cap space, most in the league to bring in other players to improve and build around. They pick # 1, # 26 in the first and # 33 and #52 in the second. They should be able to find at least 2 to 3 above average players.

And no state income tax. Dollar goes a lot further, both in cashing your checks and in recruiting FAs.

Just generally speaking...not specific to MC.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
He's a massive NFL fan. Cleveland Browns. Along with a lot of the staff that came with him from Toledo.
Not saying he's bound for the pros at all, but I don't think you can assume anything. I guarantee he's pictured himself there at one time or another.
They are geeky that way in Ohio, especially up in Northern Ohio! I say this as a former 17 year resident of O-Hi-O. They love them some Cleveland Browns!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Not yet, anyway. If he can bring home a Big 12 Title and make another New Years 6 appearance, he’d probably feel like he’s leaving the program in a good place and is ready for the next challenge. And we would have no hard feelings.

I'm not concerned about him leaving. And I'm not saying that anyone could blame him for leaving. But I think it is fair to say that him leaving after another New Year's 6 game or a few more years would really, really suck for Iowa State football. We should want what Kansas State had or hell what Iowa has (without the racist ******** involved). It took us 100 years to get to this point and you'd have to be crazy to think that it would be easy to maintain it if we had to take a chance on another coach.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Dan Mullen is being looked at by a few NFL teams.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Dan Mullen is being looked at by a few NFL teams.
I have Florida fans in my family who would love to see him go! He has been a nut case all year. Really embarrassing them from the Covid Crowd comments after A&M Game, fight and temper tantrum in the Mizzou game, just lack of general awareness and ending with that Cotton Bowl debacle. Gator Fans will NOT cry if he takes his "talents" to the NFL.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I don't think it will be open but then you can never really tell what Mike Tomlin may do (especially if Ben R were to retire)...but I could see Coach Campbell being attracted to the Steelers organization! And I could certainly see the Steelers organization wanting a guy like Coach Campbell to lead them! But I doubt that job will be open but you never know...

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
That organization is a disaster. Khan hiring a GM and then wanting to micromanage the roster?

Los Angeles appears to have a promising young QB. That's the best job right now.

Reactions: Scott34

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron