Since the "program changing victory" against Okie State in 2011…

sngorman

Dec 20, 2006
LA CA
The number are not pretty:
9-20 overall, 6-17 vs BCS teams
Average -9.2 point differential vs BCS Teams
1 win (vs Iowa 2012) when scoring less than 34 points
2 loses to FCS teams

On a positive note 2-1 vs Tulsa :psmile:

cycloneinpdx

Jul 10, 2013
Twin Cities
So only 8 times since then have we scored more than 34 points? That is damn pitiful. I wonder how many times Baylor scored that many in a quarter during the same time frame. I bet it is more than 8.

We have got to get better in all phases, but especially Offense. I hope Mangino has something up his sleeve.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
So only 8 times since then have we scored more than 34 points? That is damn pitiful. I wonder how many times Baylor scored that many in a quarter during the same time frame. I bet it is more than 8.

We have got to get better in all phases, but especially Offense. I hope Mangino has something up his sleeve.

Hate to mention this... how many of those games were in OT?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
The number are not pretty:
9-20 overall, 6-17 vs BCS teams
Average -9.2 point differential vs BCS Teams
1 win (vs Iowa 2012) when scoring less than 34 points
2 loses to FCS teams

On a positive note 2-1 vs Tulsa :psmile:

Aren't 3 of the 6 BCS wins vs. Kansas? Those might no count, just like Lisa could wear white at her wedding because Milhouse doesn't count.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I think that after today we can go back and call all of the games that we kept to within 10 points "moral victories."
awww I hated moral victories.. have to trick yourself into feeling good about sucking and everything, but I spose

CyclonesForever

Nov 5, 2011
Ames, IA
Since the Okie Lite win in 2011 we have (bolded the two that I find most disturbing):

- 2 bowl losses, each by 14 points.
- The biggest loss in ISU football history
- A 1-2 record against FCS opponents
- A 1-9 record against ranked opponents. TCU was the only ranked win, although they ended the season unranked.
- Failed to put up more than 20 points in 14 of our 29 games.
- Given up at least 30 points in 14 of our 29 games.
- A 20% winning percentage against conference opponents
- Only 4 home victories (Western Illinois, Tulsa, Baylor, Kansas)
- A -194 point differential in 20 conference games.

Last edited:

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Looking at those #'s honestly...why is Rhoads still employed. Think if those were the stats for say Texas Tech or West Virginia we would want the admin at that school to keep their coach so we could get a win every year.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Looking at those #'s honestly...why is Rhoads still employed. Think if those were the stats for say Texas Tech or West Virginia we would want the admin at that school to keep their coach so we could get a win every year.

I think he still deserves more time, but also think I am one of a few fans who never really bought into the hype and buzz generated by his locker room speeches, sideline antics, and press conferences. We've had a few good wins under him, but that's about it. Sure he's passionate and loves it here, but if he's not developing players and getting us to 7-8 wins occasionally, it may be time to start looking.

And that pic of him on his knees from today that looks like he was stabbed in the back, WTF? Even our own students were passing it around social media, mocking him. Not good.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Since the Okie Lite win in 2011 we have (bolded the two that I find most disturbing):

- 2 bowl losses, each by 14 points.
- The biggest loss in ISU football history
- A 1-2 record against FCS opponents
- A 1-9 record against ranked opponents. TCU was the only ranked win, although they ended the season unranked.
- Failed to put up more than 20 points in 14 of our 29 games.
- Given up at least 30 points in 14 of our 29 games.
- A 20% winning percentage against conference opponents
- Only 4 home victories (Western Illinois, Tulsa, Baylor, Kansas)
- A -194 point differential in 20 conference games.

resized_creepy-willy-wonka-meme-generator-well-aren-t-you-just-a-little-ray-of-sunshine-f15b01.jpg

superman_101680

Oct 30, 2006
SW Michigan
Guys, he's employed because we don't have the resources to buy out his contract.

Valid point but WHO was responsible for giving the coach a decade long contract? It wasn't the fans. IF this is the end of the CPR era and JP is given the opportunity (and not shown the door) to hire a third HC I'll be utterly disappointed.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Funny how I posted in the middle of last season how Rhoads didn't belong as our coach because he can't win and can't recruit and everything else. People said I was a troll and stupid and now everyone agrees. Rhoads simply isn't the right guy to move the program forward. In fact, he's made our program worse than it was in the Dan McCarney days.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Valid point but WHO was responsible for giving the coach a decade long contract? It wasn't the fans. IF this is the end of the CPR era and JP is given the opportunity (and not shown the door) to hire a third HC I'll be utterly disappointed.
Pollard won't be shown the door since he has turned the basketball program into a success.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Everything was a disappointment even right after that OSU win. I was very disappointed that we finished that 2011 year without winning another game the rest of the year (Also the Rutgers loss). Then, I thought the 2012 team way under performed because that team I thought was good enough to win more than 6 games. That year also had the epic collapse after the Baylor home win. Then obviously there is last years dumpster fire and this years even bigger dumpster fire. I feel all the disappointment started immediately after this game.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
I think what is more concerning is we fill the stadium, we have dumped millions into stadium and have a brand new football training facility. and are the same or worse than when we did all that.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I think he still deserves more time, but also think I am one of a few fans who never really bought into the hype and buzz generated by his locker room speeches, sideline antics, and press conferences. We've had a few good wins under him, but that's about it. Sure he's passionate and loves it here, but if he's not developing players and getting us to 7-8 wins occasionally, it may be time to start looking.

And that pic of him on his knees from today that looks like he was stabbed in the back, WTF? Even our own students were passing it around social media, mocking him. Not good.
Do you want to give him five more years of Jim Walden time? If he wins three or less this year, time to move on. He replaced most of the staff who seem to be doing okay at other schools. The next time we win three the head coach should be on the hot seat. Maybe we can get Dan back? The nonconference use to be how we get to bowls. Now we cannot count on that.

Last edited:

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I mentioned this in a thread yesterday, but ISU is 1-7 at Jack Trice since moving to the new football facility/locker rooms. If ISU beats WV, UNI, Texas, TCU, and NDSU, all close games or FCS games in which you should always win at home, that number is 6-2, and their record since the Okie State game is 14-15.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron