SIAP:Mister visiting Indiana

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Next week would be nice. A lot of trash can happen between hires. Maybe CPR pulled the plug a week too soon?

I don't think so. In my opinion it is best to get on the minds of any quality coaches who might be interested as early as possible. I think this hire is more important than any one recruit.

However, that makes me cringe when I think about the "what if we lost Lazard".

CyStalker

Jul 16, 2012
Ankeny
FYI, Indiana pushing hard on Mister. ISU staff was there Monday, Indiana staff there Tuesday, then UI head coach visits Wednesday before his official.

tivo2224

Oct 19, 2009
Norwalk
I don't think so. In my opinion it is best to get on the minds of any quality coaches who might be interested as early as possible. I think this hire is more important than any one recruit.

However, that makes me cringe when I think about the "what if we lost Lazard".

Not happening. He has said many times that he is committed because of CPR. CPR isnt going anywhere and neither is Lazard.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I have lived in Indiana for almost 20 years now and I have not met one single Indiana University Football fan. Tons of Hoosier basketball fans, but I would be shocked if any of them could name even one starter on the football team. There is just no interest in the football program.

Indiana does have an advantage in recruiting due to location. Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois are full of talent. With Purdue struggling, I can see why they have been able to get good classes recently. As for the WR Booth from Indy, he decommitted from Tenn. because they did not have room for him to enroll in the spring and that is what he wants to do. He may end up at IU as a default. Both IU and Purdue get a lots of kids from the Indy area because they are close to home.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Not that it really matters much, but Google Maps shows that it is 3.5 hours from his high school to Bloomington. The related concern is that Chicago is B10 country. Many conference games are within 5 hours of Chicago.

Not saying Google is wrong, but having made the drive often, I've never come close to that. Chicago to Lafayette is about two and a half hours. Lafayette to Indy is about an hour. North side of Indy to Bloomington is an hour to hour and a half. I do agree with your second part that his family could see more games in the Big Ten though.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Indiana is not a football powerhouse, but the guy that is now their coach is a recruiter. Last year, they landed 5 4-star guys and beat a lot of big-time prgrams for the guys. Interestingly, 2 of those 5 guys decommitted from other programs, so their coach knows how to play that game as well:

• 4-star DBack Antonio Allen decommitted from Ole Miss and went to Indiana.
  • 4-star LB David kenney decommitted from Iowa and went to Indiana.

They had a big recruiting year last year, finishing 4th in the B10 and 38th in the country. One thing noticeably absent from the last two years' recruiting classes is RB's.

Although they went 5-7 this year, they averaged almost 40 points/game and play a very wide-open offensive style. Problem was they couldn't stop anyone.

This guy was really starting to sound like a **** until you posted that. As long as he leaves Mister alone, I'm ok with him.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I'm very nervous about losing him, which is why we need to hire an offensive coordinator & running backs coach ASAP. Hopefully, the staff has already spoken to and reassured all of our current verbals.
I disagree. I would much rather make the right hire than a rushed one.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
If I was Lazard I would take an official to Purdue just to watch the epic meltdown on this board.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Chicago to Bloomington is probably about 5 hours, if you're on the south side of Chicago. Don't know how far Ames to Chicago is, but it can't be much more than that.
If you drive 5 over the speed limit and only stop 1 time (10 min stop) you can make it in 5.5 hours, that is with NO traffic. If you're leaving on a Friday afternoon and fighting rush hour, it can take 6.5-7 hours. I've made this drive too many times...