Shoutout to Niang

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
Ejim and Niang will be the leaders next year, no doubt. if the guys coming in have the heart and toughness that Melvin and Niang have, we will be a tough team again. Hopefully Thomas and SDW can make the transition and shoot lights out, as I think the interior will be tougher next year.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
I really hope Niang and Ejim can instill their own toughness in the rest of the team next year. Their improvement during the course of this year has been awesome and I'm so proud they are Cyclones!

2ndCyCE

Dec 21, 2011
Tulsa
I was just stating that out of all of our frontline players, he gets gassed most quickly.

Edit: Meant to quote, but didn't. sorry.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
And his scoring line doesn't really tell the whole story. He had some TOUGH, TOUGH finishes tonight at the rim. Showed some real strength and agility with some of those buckets. I haven't been this excited about a Cyclone freshman in a long time. Can't wait to see him after a year of strength work.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
If he can learn to play D without fouling. <- and no I don't know the answer to how he can as I don't see him fouling, but it KEEPS getting called over and over.

Seriously, 75% of his fouls I just don't see. Standing straight up and the guy jumps into him and he gets called. Booker too.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Seriously, 75% of his fouls I just don't see. Standing straight up and the guy jumps into him and he gets called. Booker too.

Me either, and I don't know how they can change it. Maybe he needs to learn to front and deny the ball and if his player gets teh ball just stay out of the way and don't get a foul. He can't outjump anyone and block a shot.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Doucher OP post with the put downs but Niang had a great game. Can't wait to see him in the coming years.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Kid played his heart out, he never once quit. Beyond disappointed with Clyburn and Lucious, they were absolutely pathetic.

Niang is the future of this program, along with Ejim. Think Ejim got abused tonight but he was put in a lot of bad spots due to poor defensive switches from Clyburn.

Thank you Georges.
Sure wish we wouldn't have had Clyburn last night against OK. He just hurt us all game. :rolleyes:

CyBri

Mar 2, 2012
Clyburn didn't have a great game but I don't think he killed us at all. Of course everyone would like great numbers all the time. Korie didn't have a good game. I think these two have been nothing but great for ISU and deserve a little slack. They are a big part of getting ISU to the dance.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Clyburn didn't have a great game but I don't think he killed us at all. Of course everyone would like great numbers all the time. Korie didn't have a good game. I think these two have been nothing but great for ISU and deserve a little slack. They are a big part of getting ISU to the dance.

For only one year as a Cyclone, those two have made their marks. If they hadn't, Sunday would be just another day

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The kid gives it his all. Fun to see him take Wiffie to the rack tonight.

psyclone51

Nov 6, 2011

Exactly. Anyone who has played sports knows it is really, really difficult to play your best game in and game out. That is what makes some of the great players in history so great.

KL and WC have given us some great, great games this year. I do not get dumping on guys like this.

Almost as annoying as constantly whining about the refs. Gets old real fast.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Luscious had 5 steals and 7 assists. man, not bad. Hasn't shot well recently, but i bet he will be back to form for the NCAA, been rumors of him being sick, no idea if true, but he will be back to raining down shots. Maybe Fred has him focusing on defense more, who knows. Both him and Clyburn have been great at ISU, glad to have them this year.