Shootings in North Central IA.

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
So a friend who works at TRMC in Fort Dodge is reporting via FB that Kum & Go gas station workers have been stabbed in Algona and Humboldt with neither person surviving. People are saying the suspect has been caught in Webster City. Quite the heinous crime spree for Iowa... At least he's hopefully caught, I guess.

simesclone

Feb 18, 2010
So a friend who works at TRMC in Fort Dodge is reporting via FB that Kum & Go gas station workers have been stabbed in Algona and Humboldt with neither person surviving. People are saying the suspect has been caught in Webster City. Quite the heinous crime spree for Iowa... At least he's hopefully caught, I guess.
My sister-in law works at the Kum & Go in Webster City. Do you know where he was caught. I have'nt heard anything so I assume everything is o.k.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Weird story. Will be checking news outlets to see if it's valid. Kinda caps off a strange day in Iowa yesterday. Police were called to Mt. Vernon High School yesterday, and the school went into lockdown mode. Looks like a kid hanged himself, and now life support is keeping his body alive at UIHC.

Tragedy before the holidays makes you wish Flanders was dead.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm not criminal mastermind but I never get why murdering the clerks ever helps a robbery. This day in age you're on camera the minute you walk into any store, getting rid of a witness isn't going to help. It also escalates this situation from a simple robbery no one would have heard of to a statewide/national story.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I'm not criminal mastermind but I never get why murdering the clerks ever helps a robbery. This day in age you're on camera the minute you walk into any store, getting rid of a witness isn't going to help. It also escalates this situation from a simple robbery no one would have heard of to a statewide/national story.
Somebody dumb enough to think they'll get away with robbing a convenience store is dumb enough to kill somebody for no reason. Highly doubt they're thinking of the consequences at the time.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Somebody dumb enough to think they'll get away with robbing a convenience store is dumb enough to kill somebody for no reason. Highly doubt they're thinking of the consequences at the time.

Agreed. If you're stupid enough to risk going to prison for the rest of your life, in order to get a couple thousand dollars, you can't be the sharpest tool in the shed.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I live between Webster City and Duncombe and heard the chase go by last night around 11:30. There must have been 5 or so troopers moving at high speed with sirens blasting. Of course I had no idea of what was going on at the time but I'm glad the chase didnt end in my front yard.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'd heard there was a shooting at the Crossroads in Algona...didn't think it was Kum & Go.

In the end, prayers to the families, and the suspect can rot in hell.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Crossroads Cenex in Algona and the Kum & Go in Humboldt. Two clerks shot dead. Senseless murders. I know some other details but will refrain from posting out of respect for the victims.

Keep the victims' families in your hearts and prayers. A truly tragic situation.

cyclonepb

Oct 14, 2009
I'd heard there was a shooting at the Crossroads in Algona...didn't think it was Kum & Go.

In the end, prayers to the families, and the suspect can rot in hell.

Crossroads in Algona.
Kum and Go in Humboldt.

Sounds like the suspect was arrested in Webster City about midnight.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
They should find a way to extradite this idiot to a death penalty state...

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
I don't know if true or not, but I heard the guy just wanted cartons of smokes and didn't take any cash.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
KIMT News 3 Convenience store shootings update: Police are confirming the Algona gas station clerk was 47 year old Vicky Bowman-Hall. They are also naming 61 year old Sheila Myers as the second gas station clerk victim, from Humboldt. Michael Richard Swanson, 17, from St. Louis Park, Minnesota has been charged with Murder in the First Degree and Robbery in the First Degree.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
His mug shot

101116024959_swanson_mug.jpg