Shontrelle cleared for next year

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I thought about this as well. His neck may be fully healed now. However, one benefit I could see to redshirting would be for him to get stronger to prevent future injury. He hasn't been able to work out nearly as much since the injury so I would worry about his potential for injury going up. A full year getting stronger overall would be good for him I think.

Yeah, maybe, I don't know. Wasn't this a nerve issue?

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
If SJ is back, we will have one of the deepest running back positions in the Big 12.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
OK i'm confused. The title says cleared for next year which is 2013 season not this season. And the next time we walk into JT is this season. So should the OP's title say cleared to play this season? Or is he correct in saying next year?:confused:
If you want to be THAT picky, I am sure that the OP meant "next ACADEMIC year".

On a side note he fumbles a lot and the thought of him and Jantz together is a scarey thought.
Ummm...Barnett was the one with fumble problems.

The bolded section actually would probably be the best thing.
Ain't that the great thing about message boards? Someone can take a fragment of information, and decide what the "best" thing is for somebody else? :biggrin:

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
If you want to be THAT picky, I am sure that the OP meant "next ACADEMIC year".

Ummm...Barnett was the one with fumble problems.

Ain't that the great thing about message boards? Someone can take a fragment of information, and decide what the "best" thing is for somebody else? :biggrin:
Jantz coughed the ball up to much last year as well.

C

CyBer

SJ needs to do what is best for him and his health, if that is playing football then good for him.