Severe Weather: Potential of moving game to Sunday or December

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
The people on this board over-hype storms with the best of them too.

***OFFICIAL WEATHER THREAD***

Poster 1: HUGE storms coming to Central IA

Poster 2: Light Sprinkles in Carroll!

Poster 3: Wind Picked up to 14 mph in Atlantic

Poster 4: Raining in Fort Dodge. Lots of street flooding, probably shut down the roads.

Poster 5: A tree fell outside my apartment!!

Poster 6: TORNADO WARNING IN STORY COUNTY!!! SEND THE RED CROSS IMMEDIATELY!! TELL MY WIFE I LOVE HER!! THE HORROR!!!!
You forgot about "It's perfectly fine here" poster but otherwise you nailed it.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Good grief. There is still only a 30% chance of severe weather, and beginning in the EVENING at that.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
The only thing I hate about Iowa is (central Iowa at least) is how thin skinned people are about the weather. The TV weatherman calls for 0.002" of snow, people head to the grocery store and buy 18 gallons of milk, 25 lbs of hamburger, and 150 lbs of wheat. My in-laws won't even plan to go anywhere from Oct - April because "it could snow." :confused:

If it rains, put on your big boy pants and go to the game. :realmad:

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
The game is being moved to the Uni-dome.

We have dibs on running out of the garage door.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
The only thing I hate about Iowa is (central Iowa at least) is how thin skinned people are about the weather. The TV weatherman calls for 0.002" of snow, people head to the grocery store and buy 18 gallons of milk, 25 lbs of hamburger, and 150 lbs of wheat. My in-laws won't even plan to go anywhere from Oct - April because "it could snow." :confused:

If it rains, put on your big boy pants and go to the game. :realmad:

Who buys that? Henny-Penny?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Good grief. There is still only a 30% chance of severe weather, and beginning in the EVENING at that.

Current forecast on NWS:

• Saturday
    Showers and thunderstorms. High near 72. Breezy, with a south wind 11 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
  • Saturday Night
    Showers and thunderstorms likely before 1am, then a chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Who says that in Iowa? For most people, regardless of the weather, it's business as usual. We can't control it so why worry about it. Plus, don't most households have one vehicle with 4WD?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
What do you guys think are the chances of the grass student lot being open? I'm thinking it'll be closed, but some of my buddies are much more optimistic..

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
What do you guys think are the chances of the grass student lot being open? I'm thinking it'll be closed, but some of my buddies are much more optimistic..

It will be open. Rain amounts do not look to be all that high right now, and the ground is about as dry/hard as it can be right now. At worst, they would prohibit buses and campers.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Who says that in Iowa? For most people, regardless of the weather, it's business as usual. We can't control it so why worry about it. Plus, don't most households have one vehicle with 4WD?

In marshall county yes. In urban Iowa no, very few do.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron