Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Can we close this thread now that Iowa's season is over. I know they have the NIT but the big dance is the only tournament that matters.

Their NCAA season is over, however the schadenfreude is not over. If CF did that in years past, we would have missed out on Baylor’s dunk fest over their “national championship” game. Please keep the thread open.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Fran getting T'd up last night was pure comedy gold. Sometimes you can blame the officials, but when you are losing by 30 because your team sucks and is getting manhandled isnt a good time to blame the refs.

I missed the game. What was the highest level of FRANCON during the game?
QtkftTP.jpg

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
What's more disturbing is you act like it is common to post as much as you do (throughout the day). Unless you're a full-time student, retired or unemployed, I have no idea how anyone can take as much time (as you), to post. I guess you're fortunate that you report to yourself....and I wish you luck in growing or sustaining your business success.

For any ISU students on this board.....this is NOT how real life works. If you work in a corporate environment (or most businesses for that matter) and are caught posting on a message board 3, 4, 5, etc. hours a day (during normal work hours).....you will likely be put on a performance improvement plan or fired. That is free advice, that I honestly can't believe I would ever need go give....

1. Pretty hypocritical of you to dis him for posting "as much as he does", when you obviously spend "as much time as he does" here, otherwise how would you know?

2. Explain to us how real life works. We're all listening.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Ok. I get it, I will lay off your buddy CyTwins. I know you and many others on this board take it very, very personal when he gets questioned for any reason. This should also definitely help you, if you ever need a job. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you hit him up sometime.....and I hear the hours are really flexible.

Also, do you ever find it interesting that you hang out A LOT (with other Cyclone Fans) in the In-State Rivals Forum in threads titled Iowa MBB and Iowa Football Recruiting? And do you ever think there might be a good reason why posters (within the In-State Rivals Forum - within these threads) disagree with CyTwins and other Cyclone fans from time to time? I would think (if you really loved your team or thought they were really good), you would hang out (exclusively) in a thread titled 'Cyclones Rule', "Cyclone State" or something clever like that. Something for you (and others) to ponder when you're not posting here....

Does the word "smarmy" have any meaning for you? Your attitude borders on objectionable. I understand people with self-esteem issues use these forums as a way of building themselves up, but you really take it to an extreme. In fact, could I use you in my upcoming infomercial?

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Someone needs to build a list of the quotes from Iowa players, press, etc over the last 2 weeks about playing themselves into the tournament (that is the NCAA tournament for confused Hoks). Then lay those quotes over highlights from the dismantling they got from Indiana.

Aug 26, 2014
Oh my god Chad, just giving up trying to be unbiased
It's funny, they are still trying to blame the refs for not getting into the tournament. When you get blown out by a bad Indiana team you don't even deserve to be in the NIT. What's even more funny is that they will be worse next year, despite the fact that they think they have "young talent".

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I'm all in agreement about Indy not eligible for the tourney as it stands this morning. But, how many times we've seen Selection Sundays when some mid-major, with ~25+ wins, gets screwed out of the Dance for a lousy P5 team?
If Indy beats Wisky, and one more win, they could squeak in - not because they deserve, but because the selection committee is in deep with the B1G.....

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Oh my god Chad, just giving up trying to be unbiased

That guy is a complete moron. Back around signing day he had this huge column in The Register about how Ferentz had flipped all these stud committs from MAC schools at the last minute in this years class. Funny, his article made no mention of the hypocrite Ferentz and all the better players he lost because because he didnt want them talking to other schools.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I missed the game. What was the highest level of FRANCON during the game?
QtkftTP.jpg

I listened on the radio and the Indiana guys said they thought Fran was intentionally trying to get kicked out of the game for the entire final 10 minutes...but I don't think he did. So I'm going to say 3. Francon 1 doesn't stay in the game.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Someone needs to build a list of the quotes from Iowa players, press, etc over the last 2 weeks about playing themselves into the tournament (that is the NCAA tournament for confused Hoks). Then lay those quotes over highlights from the dismantling they got from Indiana.

Or someone could go back through this thread and collect all the post saying Iowa would raise their fans hopes with a late run at the tourney only to implode crushing those dreams in the opening game of Big 10 tourney. Actually surprised they expected anything different.

Bonus points for also predicting the Mad Fran Meltdown that would inevitably take place.

Status
Not open for further replies.