Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Quote from the HN Jok thread:

I think he came back this year with the expectation that he was going to top last year and get a serious look from the NBA. It didn't help being a young kid and having all the attention and people talking about him leaving early, similar to Desmond King.

Now I think it's finally sunk in that there's a good chance he might be captain of the Azerbaijan Mule Jockeys making $65-70K and he lost his fire.

Pretty funny stuff......mule jockey, indeed.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

I think he came back this year with the expectation that he was going to top last year and get a serious look from the NBA. It didn't help being a young kid and having all the attention and people talking about him leaving early, similar to Desmond King.

Now I think it's finally sunk in that there's a good chance he might be captain of the Azerbaijan Mule Jockeys making $65-70K and he lost his fire.

I never thought I would feel so sorry for Peter Jok or feel like McCabe was a freaking hero for telling those fans to go suck a fat one, but I do.

Maybe if those neanderthals would go get a life rather than living vicariously through the Hawks, they would not be so harsh about a college kid trying to play through injuries and survive four years under the direction of a raving lunatic.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I never thought I would feel so sorry for Peter Jok or feel like McCabe was a freaking hero for telling those fans to go suck a fat one, but I do.

Maybe if those neanderthals would go get a life rather than living vicariously through the Hawks, they would not be so harsh about a college kid trying to play through injuries and survive four years under the direction of a raving lunatic.
Or even worse, proclaim that they hope a high school kid tears his ACL for not going to their beloved school.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I think by the time hoks are seniors, they are totally fed up with the fans and most of all Fran. I also
think they are usually very overrated as freshman

We have a winner.
Many the "future is bright" quotes I've seen with this team remind me of the Woody/Gessell class. You put NCAA expectations on the team immediately based on a NIT team and when they don't reach those in a couple of years they are ready to restart with new hope. Leading to the "we'll be better off when Marble/White/Utohff/Gessel leave" threads starting their Junior year's.

We'll see if the same thing will happen with this Pesml/Cook/Bohannon class but very similar start. Only consistent here is Fran and his mad style.
BTW I expect the same result.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Jok's post game interview was very "meh, would have been cool to win, don't really give a **** though."

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
We have a winner.
Many the "future is bright" quotes I've seen with this team remind me of the Woody/Gessell class. You put NCAA expectations on the team immediately based on a NIT team and when they don't reach those in a couple of years they are ready to restart with new hope. Leading to the "we'll be better off when Marble/White/Utohff/Gessel leave" threads starting their Junior year's.

We'll see if the same thing will happen with this Pesml/Cook/Bohannon class but very similar start. Only consistent here is Fran and his mad style.
BTW I expect the same result.

I wonder if it'll be the same process for Fran's sons...or worse.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Jok should have a pretty good shot at sticking with an NBA team. Much better chance than any player from Iowa or Iowa State the last couple years (Niang, Uthoff, Morris, etc.).
I know you did that just to spark something but:
Morris is higher in this mock...
http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

and this one...
http://www.nbadraft.net/2017mock_draft

and this one...
http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2017/

and proclaiming he has a better chance to stick is an opinion. If any NBA GM were to watch both Iowa State and Iowa's games yesterday, Jok would never get sniffed again, and Monte would be rising.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUalways

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Jok should have a pretty good shot at sticking with an NBA team. Much better chance than any player from Iowa or Iowa State the last couple years (Niang, Uthoff, Morris, etc.).

The NBA has a pretty sizable surplus of shooters who cant play defense. A player sticking requires a different set of skills and intangibles. He doesn't possess great passing, handle, or athleticism. Physical defense causes him a lot of trouble.

How many years will Bohannan play in the league?

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
The NBA has a pretty sizable surplus of shooters who cant play defense. A player sticking requires a different set of skills and intangibles. He doesn't possess great passing, handle, or athleticism. Physical defense causes him a lot of trouble.

How many years will Bohannan play in the league?

Jok is an elite shooter even by NBA standards. There are most certainly not a surplus of NBA players with his shooting ability.

And it's pretty comical that your (inaccurate) reasoning actually applies to Morris moreso than Jok. Morris doesn't possess any elite traits. Average athlete, average shooter, average defender, not a particularly adept passer. I guess he's really good at not turning it over, though? I'm sure that will get him on an All-Star team someday.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Jok is an elite shooter even by NBA standards. There are most certainly not a surplus of NBA players with his shooting ability.

And it's pretty comical that your (inaccurate) reasoning actually applies to Morris moreso than Jok. Morris doesn't possess any elite traits. Average athlete, average shooter, average defender, not a particularly adept passer. I guess he's really good at not turning it over, though? I'm sure that will get him on an All-Star team someday.

sticking vs. being on all-star team someday? ok

• Funny
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

You and I have been watching different NBAs if you think what Jok has shown this year is elite shooting even at the NBA level...

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines

He is an elite shooter by Iowa standards.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

Didn't he just put up 24 or something in the 2nd half against Penn State? Lmao, yeah, he just lost his will in the last 3 days that's why he looked awful last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.