Seemingly never ending Iowa MBB thread (still going.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Re: Iowa MBB now a projected #1 seed

I'm fine with Iowa being a 1 seed only if they're the first ever 1 to be knocked off by a 16.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

UNI is better than Nebby, woof at that MSU loss at home. UNI RPI 139, Nebby 173.

Iowa didn't lose to Nebby man, I couldn't care less about MSU's struggles. If you think they'll be a cake-walk come March, I'll pray for you.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Minnesota DEFINITELY, DEFINITELY considers us to be a huge rivalry. They chant about hating us during games against anybody. You're just so ignorant, or you're a troll. Either way, you lose

Not sure about that. Only reason that game sold out this year was because of Brands. Really don't think Iowa has a rival outside of ISU but you could say the same for ISU in football

bolts

Aug 9, 2013

Our football season was terrible but it was quite enjoyable watching reality set in on the hawks for the 3rd straight year once they got out of big ten play and into their bowl game.

Uthoff isn't even in Niang's zip code when it comes to the Wooden award. He's great and having a great season but he's way behind Georges in public and voter consciousness. It doesn't matter because it's going to Hield anyway.

If you really think Iowa is ISU's Superbowl, I encourage you to come to Hilton on Monday and see the Kansas game.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-offer-state-rivalry-flavor-wooden-watch-race

By the way your football program is and always will be terrible. Your constant mentions of beating Iowa highlights the fact your program bases its success directly in relation to Iowa. Similar to what any low level organization does, find someone in the geographic region and hope to be what they are. Occasionally these low level orgs have success and they hold on to possibility that they are close.

The larger org pats them on the head and continues to be nationally relevant and leaves the other to have 1000 page tributes to them on there website.

Cute, but ultimately sad and leaves you with obsessions like cytwins

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

Not sure about that. Only reason that game sold out this year was because of Brands. Really don't think Iowa has a rival outside of ISU but you could say the same for ISU in football

Alright, I'll just say it. You're a cretin. I didn't want to go there but look at you. You left me no choice.

leschmick1785

Jul 12, 2013

Kinnick holds 70,585 people. It's hard to fill that up nowadays for anybody in the country. And, Iowa football was down for the last three years. Let's see how many games we sell out NEXT YEAR, bud. For the Iowa-ISU game, a lot of ISU fans make the trip to Kinnick as well, which helps with attendance. A lot of the reason Kinnick hasn't been filling up lately is because the opponent's fan allotment hasn't been purchased.

You're delusional, buddy. Your football team went undefeated in the regular season for the first time ever and went to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 25 years and your fan attendance went down by 6% from the previous year. Your basketball team is top ten and yet your gym is almost completely empty regularly. See the game against Nebraska as an example.

Meanwhile, Iowa State is terrible at football and saw an 8% increase in attendance and we regularly sell out Hilton, including against teams much worse and out of conference like Coppin State.

Don't let the FACTS get in the way of your idiocy.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ps-for-fifth-straight-year-but-at-slower-rate

https://twitter.com/MacMcCausland/status/684553951258275840

You guys just might be one of the worst fan bases in the country when it comes to supporting your team.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...-offer-state-rivalry-flavor-wooden-watch-race

By the way your football program is and always will be terrible. Your constant mentions of beating Iowa highlights the fact your program bases its success directly in relation to Iowa. Similar to what any low level organization does, find someone in the geographic region and hope to be what they are. Occasionally these low level orgs have success and they hold on to possibility that they are close.

The larger org pats them on the head and continues to be nationally relevant and leaves the other to have 1000 page tributes to them on there website.

Cute, but ultimately sad and leaves you with obsessions like cytwins

What does it say about Iowa's football program when they have been equal or worse than ISU about half the time the last 20 years?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Alright, I'll just say it. You're a cretin. I didn't want to go there but look at you. You left me no choice.

That's not very nice. Good luck coming up with your new user name

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011

That's not very nice. Good luck coming up with your new user name

Hey man, he called you a cretin. That's harsh. I'm pretty sure that means you can't post for, like, five minutes, or something. Out of respect for his hurt feelings. Maybe.

OVOsound

Nov 12, 2015
Iowa City

You're delusional, buddy. Your football team went undefeated in the regular season for the first time ever and went to the Rose Bowl for the first time in 25 years and your fan attendance went down by 6% from the previous year. Your basketball team is top ten and yet your gym is almost completely empty regularly. See the game against Nebraska as an example.

Meanwhile, Iowa State is terrible at football and saw an 8% increase in attendance and we regularly sell out Hilton, including against teams much worse and out of conference like Coppin State.

Don't let the FACTS get in the way of your idiocy.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ps-for-fifth-straight-year-but-at-slower-rate

You guys just might be one of the worst fan bases in the country when it comes to supporting your team.

It's not that simple. Are you really that thick?

"Among the top 25 attendance leaders, the biggest declines were experienced by .... Iowa...."

We were still in the top 25 in attendance you schmuck, ha are you serious? Couple that with the fact that A) Iowa had only one marquee home opponent this year and B) that fans were literally sickened by the 2014-2015 season and you'll have a decrease in attendance. BUT WE WERE STILL IN THE TOP 25. You don't know anything about fan support. You weren't one of 60,000 Iowa fans to swarm LA and watch Iowa get trounced by the fighting Christian McCaffrey's, were you?

The fan support is just fine at Iowa, and SIGNIFICANTLY better than it is at Iowa State, just look at the average ticket prices for the two schools in football (why football? It's because football is the cash cow for schools and it's why Iowa State will never be able to hold Iowa's **** when it comes to finances). Iowa dwarfs Iowa State in that regard. As far was basketball goes, Iowa's student section is pretty abysmal and doesn't show up. I'll give you that.

The only thing that I'll agree with you is that you said Iowa State is terrible at football. That's true. No argument there.

Next.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

Iowa didn't lose to Nebby man, I couldn't care less about MSU's struggles. If you think they'll be a cake-walk come March, I'll pray for you.

Never said you did, just commenting because that's part of how Iowa got their projected 1 seed. MSU looking pretty bad right now, probably fall out of top 20.

AmesHawk

Apr 20, 2010
Ankeny, IA

1) Don't let the FACTS get in the way of your idiocy.

2) You guys just might be one of the worst fan bases in the country when it comes to supporting your team.

1) Kinda like claiming the last Iowa sellout was against ISU, and not Minnesota?

2) You're saying this about a fanbase that was in the top 25 in NCAA attendance for both Basketball and Football in 2014? Hyperbole just a little bit with this one?

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_basketball_RB/Reports/attend/2014.pdf
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2014.pdf

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

It's not that simple. Are you really that thick?

"Among the top 25 attendance leaders, the biggest declines were experienced by .... Iowa...."

We were still in the top 25 in attendance you schmuck, ha are you serious? Couple that with the fact that A) Iowa had only one marquee home opponent this year and B) that fans were literally sickened by the 2014-2015 season and you'll have a decrease in attendance. BUT WE WERE STILL IN THE TOP 25. You don't know anything about fan support. You weren't one of 60,000 Iowa fans to swarm LA and watch Iowa get trounced by the fighting Christian McCaffrey's, were you?

The fan support is just fine at Iowa, and SIGNIFICANTLY better than it is at Iowa State, just look at the average ticket prices for the two schools in football (why football? It's because football is the cash cow for schools and it's why Iowa State will never be able to hold Iowa's **** when it comes to finances). Iowa dwarfs Iowa State in that regard. As far was basketball goes, Iowa's student section is pretty abysmal and doesn't show up. I'll give you that.

The only thing that I'll agree with you is that you said Iowa State is terrible at football. That's true. No argument there.

Next.

Haha people are still saying this? Might as well say 40,000 people will be at Hilton Monday night

g11

Nov 22, 2015

What does it say about Iowa's football program when they have been equal or worse than ISU about half the time the last 20 years?

What planet have you been living on..

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com

So if that's posted in typical bracket configuration, Iowa is top overall seed? I don't think it's quite to that point. A 1 seed isn't out of the question, but it'd be 4th behind OU, Nova, UNC (in some order therein).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron