Sean Foster committed to the good guys #soundthesirens

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
I'm not trying to take anything away because I am excited, but there's probably a reason despite his offer list that Minnesota pulled his offer and the only official visits he took were to Purdue and us. Teams that went a combined 5-19 this year. I would temper expectations a bit for this kid.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Word from a close source out of his "camp" is that he was waiting for an Iowa offer, they informed him last week that they were still not planning to offer him a scholarship (even though his dad went there), so he chose us. Also told he was a little ticked at Iowa for not offering. Extra motivation to kick their ---es!

Great get!

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I'm not trying to take anything away because I am excited, but there's probably a reason despite his offer list that Minnesota pulled his offer and the only official visits he took were to Purdue and us. Teams that went a combined 5-19 this year. I would temper expectations a bit for this kid.

giphy.gif

This is a celebration thread.

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015

Sounds like you are trying to.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
Word from a close source out of his "camp" is that he was waiting for an Iowa offer, they informed him last week that they were still not planning to offer him a scholarship (even though his dad went there), so he chose us. Also told he was a little ticked at Iowa for not offering. Extra motivation to kick their ---es!

Great get!

Don't get me wrong I would love 5* talent, but if I can't get that give me a kid that has a chip on his shoulder.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I worry about footwork with a guy that size, but he's worth a flyer. He's like Brock Dagel, but more talented? Better offers, so if he's a slightly better Dagel, I'll take him. Welcome aboard!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
This staff is working!!
I'm interested to get some inside info from some of our players as to the "sell" the staff is making or what they are doing that is getting these guys....love it!

clonebb

Oct 23, 2015

If you don't have facts, STFU.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Minnesota didn't pull, they parted ways, Minnesota got a new OC and they decided they were going to switch up their blocking style. With the new coaching staff Sean decided to explore his other options.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Minnesota didn't pull, they parted ways, Minnesota got a new OC and they decided they were going to switch up their blocking style. With the new coaching staff Sean decided to explore his other options.

Really gotta question an OC that doesn't want a 6'8'' 300 lber as freshman to road grade people. Don't give me that he's too tall crap either. Jonathan Ogden.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012

Great get!

I thought he was waiting for bielama since his dad played with him.