Sean Foster committed to the good guys #soundthesirens

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
And when some teams fill up other teams offer fallback recruits, yet he never gained any new offers. Why wasn't the current Illinois staff recruiting him?

So do you think Bielema and his lead recruiter were visiting with him last night to get a free dinner? Foster is a good prospect who could blossom into a multi year starter eventually..who knows..only time will tell if he's a real 4 star but right now he is.

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
They were.
They why didn't he visit? Illinois has a better program than ISU and Purdue and better academics as well. Nothing I have said in this thread is a knock on the kid. Everything I have said is factual. I am wondering why this guy who is a 4 star recruit and previously had 20+ offers, now only took 2 official visits to Purdue and ISU. I have never said this kid was going to fail or be a bad player. I am happy that we got him because he is the best OL recruit we have gotten since Campos and is a higher caliber kid than we usually get at OL. I just don't want fans to think this guy is going to be a 4 year starter or a future NFL draft pick and put huge expectations on him. That is all. Not trying to offend anybody here or Foster himself.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Wow, not the conversation I expected to reading in this thread. Thanks for the "hot take" "Clone"32, but I'll go ahead and continue being excited about a highly ranked commit in a position of major need.

wgleason

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Why didn't Bielema offer him? I not never said he is not good. I have said he is not a 4 star caliber recruit and fans should temper expectations. Kinda funny if he commits today after meeting with Bielema yesterday. My guess is Bielema told Foster they weren't interested and Foster committed to us. Bielema didn't it in person out of respect for his father.

Even though I think Bielema is an idiot. I don't think he would travel to a kid's home to simply say he's not interested.

Jiub

Nov 11, 2015
Des Moines
Oh....my.....goodness! Words can't describe how awesome this is. Thee Sean Foster coming to join the cardinal and gold. Holy buckets!

This is absolutely a game changer. Sean Foster welcome to the cyclone family. Iowa State was an amazing place for me as a student and I am sure an even better place to be a student athlete.

Enjoy your adventure. You will be big time.

BadBoi

Nov 25, 2015
Damn, this thread stinks of hawk butthurt.

Which doesn't make sense, Ferentz and company had him in for camps twice and decided not to offer. We all hate Iowa but it's kind of a red flag when them and Wisconsin don't offer.

Clones32

Mar 5, 2013
So do you think Bielema and his lead recruiter were visiting with him last night to get a free dinner? Foster is a good prospect who could blossom into a multi year starter eventually..who knows..only time will tell if he's a real 4 star but right now he is.
Then why didn't they offer? If Foster has a meeting with Bielema one day and commits to an another school the next, then that means he didn't get the offer he wanted from Arkansas and jumped on the ISU offer. There's nothing wrong with that. A lot of linemen don't get offers from Arkansas. We can still be excited for the commitment, I just don't want fans creating massive expectations for the kid.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
They why didn't he visit? Illinois has a better program than ISU and Purdue and better academics as well. Nothing I have said in this thread is a knock on the kid. Everything I have said is factual. I am wondering why this guy who is a 4 star recruit and previously had 20+ offers, now only took 2 official visits to Purdue and ISU. I have never said this kid was going to fail or be a bad player. I am happy that we got him because he is the best OL recruit we have gotten since Campos and is a higher caliber kid than we usually get at OL. I just don't want fans to think this guy is going to be a 4 year starter or a future NFL draft pick and put huge expectations on him. That is all. Not trying to offend anybody here or Foster himself.

Then drop it?

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I really want to be excited about this but 32 has shown me the light. Best not to get too optimistic here. This commitment is agreeable. No wait that's way too positive. I am neutral to the fact that Foster chose to play football at my alma mater. May it prove beneficial to both parties. Either way, I shall convey minimal emotional response because that is what being a fan is all about. Good day.

IAStubborn

Aug 16, 2012
And when some teams fill up other teams offer fallback recruits, yet he never gained any new offers. Why wasn't the current Illinois staff recruiting him?

Illinois offered him Dec 10th by new staff 2 days after he decomitted. Syracuse December 9th, Iowa State, December 11th purdue December 9th etc. He did get new offers, a lot if them. He had 15 p5 offers. He was close to getting Arkansas, who if he had last night he would have visited next weekend. They wanted him to visit still and were stringing him out as a fallback. He connected with ISU staff. That is all there is to the story. He is good, very good and the top target of this staff. They got there anchor recruit. If they really wanted him that is all that matters.

Last edited:

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
This staff is working!!
I'm interested to get some inside info from some of our players as to the "sell" the staff is making or what they are doing that is getting these guys....love it!

I was blessed enough to be with my son on his official visit. It's really so simple it makes your head spin. These coaches express excitement, tell the kid where they fit, and focus on the positives. When done with your visit, it's almost like you don't want to leave your so excited. These guys make you believe!!!!

A funny example. On Tol visit, they put us up downtown in one of the best hotels. The charter bus took us to campus. Being from the general area, I laughed when I saw the route taken. They bypassed the bad section which just happens to be very near two sides of the campus. Instead, we magically found ourselves being driven through the richer area which was directly north of the campus. About 5 min longer, but a much different view.

clone34

Mar 29, 2009
Campbell and staff are doing an amazing job. Going to have a better class in two months than the past regime ever had. Still have some losers ripping on recruits that are not even playing yet. Absolutely pathetic and there is zero place for it and should be banned. Kid commits and goes to the number one fee site for cyclone athletics and we have people on here trying to sabotage the program. Thank you to Foster for choosing ISU.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I worry about footwork with a guy that size, but he's worth a flyer. He's like Brock Dagel, but more talented? Better offers, so if he's a slightly better Dagel, I'll take him. Welcome aboard!

Most four stars aren't flyers. He will either develop or he won't but we usually start with less

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron