***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Because it’s once again cops escalating for no god damn good reason.

Are there good cops? Sure. But why the hell aren’t the good ones speaking up against the **** ones?
Maybe because they have a tough job and loyalty to the institution.

read the police report

watch the video

on top of what a bunch of witnesses have already said.

what happened to him was 100% overboard.

maybe you stop him and "detain" him but to charge him with 4 crimes, one being a felony. Come on.
Okay, I'm outta here. I thought maybe someone was getting special treatment. Sorry I asked.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I would normally think this doesn't end well for the PD but I bet Scheffler just wants it to go away and won't pursue too much.
Seems like a guy that doesn't want that attention.
yeah he's a guy that won't pursue anything.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are so many wailing about this incident? Cyclone Pride? If you or I went though a police barricade, intentional or not, would it be reasonable that we were stopped and detained? If not, why not? It sounds like you want the cop's badge.

They are supposed to work for us and help us but no one can ever be 100% sure that ANY circumstance or situation, no matter how small or an obvious use of common sense could lead to a better outcome can lead to life altering changes or even death.

Spam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 21, 2008

Okay, I'm outta here. I thought maybe someone was getting special treatment. Sorry I asked.

CF will never be the same with you gone.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Well @Cyhig @NoCreativity we’re waiting.
I have been quite clear on my stance, and this doesn't change it other than confirming the cop is a bad cop. I have been a firm believer the facts will always come out at the end. But all of the facts are never known just hours after the incident occurs to the point where people can make accurate conclusions.

I have said numerous times that the cop indeed could be a very bad cop. I simply wanted to see what made the officer react the way he did. That was the missing piece to the story, and it is a very large component to any case. That's why a court case will always lay the foundation of all the events that led up to the final act.

So now that we can see the full story of the events and in video form where people can see for their own eyes, yes, the cop is a bad cop.

Reactions: NoCreativity

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are so many wailing about this incident? Cyclone Pride? If you or I went though a police barricade, intentional or not, would it be reasonable that we were stopped and detained? If not, why not? It sounds like you want the cop's badge.
No, I'd expect to be chewed out briefly then sent on my way.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I don’t want the cop’s badge. I want the charges to be dropped. I also wanted the cop to release him with nothing more than an ass-chewing or citation at worst. But it’s too late for that now.

I’m “wailing” about the incident because @NoCreativity and others have been lying about what happened and then some have even doubled down on it. So yeah, I’m going to defend the guy who made an honest mistake rather than the cop who escalated it to a ridiculous level.

Also, to answer your first question, if I accidentally drove in an area, where I thought (and actually was) allowed to go, in a confusing situation, and stopped shortly after a cop started banging on my window; then I would not expect to be detained, arrested, and charged with a felony

• Agree
Reactions: cysmiley

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Wow, this is the incident. If I'm Scottie, I would refuse to bargain for dropped charges and wring every dime out of that PD and city. Edit- still trying to figure out how the poor guy ruined his pants. Maybe he pooped in them?

Would you look at that. It sure feels like the people with common sense takes who thought this whole thing didn't even come close to passing the smell test just might have been on to something after all.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
They have a loyalty to follow the law, not to be a badge carrying tough guy, leave their mandatory body cam off, then make up a report. I don't give a **** about golfers, they are weirdos in their own right, but this is pretty standard police behavior and there have been tens of examples to back it up.

So perhaps you're correct, their loyalty is not to the law, but to upholding their big boss man reputation.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008

Their loyalty is to protect and serve, saying it's to the institution is ludicrous. Here's a good example of a dumb cop being put in his place by a good cop who's doing his job

Reactions: CPG4ISU and Cyhig

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
They have a loyalty to follow the law, not to be a badge carrying tough guy, leave their mandatory body cam off, then make up a report. I don't give a **** about golfers, they are weirdos in their own right, but this is pretty standard police behavior and there have been tens of examples to back it up.

So perhaps you're correct, their loyalty is not to the law, but to upholding their big boss man reputation.
Bingo. I always come back to how many people have had their lives changed because of something similar to this. People who aren’t famous, who didn’t have cameras to catch what actually happened, who don’t have the financial means to fight it, ect.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Their loyalty is to protect and serve, saying it's to the institution is ludicrous. Here's a good example of a dumb cop being put in his place by a good cop who's doing his job

And just like in any profession, some are very good at their jobs, and some are not very good.

Reactions: CPG4ISU

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
And just like in any profession, some are very good at their jobs, and some are not very good.
There’s a big difference in an accountant not being very good at his job than a cop who can alter someone's life completely with lack of judgment.

What if the charges would have stuck and Scottie wasn’t a golfer. Think a felon has an easy time finding employment?

Reactions: Cycho1

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
If an officer doesnt activate their body camera then charges should be dropped.
How does Louisville not have the style that automatically activates as soon as you open the car door? Those are pretty universal now and it both takes it out of the officer's hands to remember to turn it on and, conversely, doesn't allow the officer to turn it off if they want to.