***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Well, if you jump the median, wouldn’t you be on the wrong side of the road? Common sense
I don't think it is common sense. If I want to turn left onto a road that has a median I could jump the median but I'd end up on the right side of the road. I could also be driving on a road with a median and do a U-turn by jumping the median. In both cases I have done something wrong by jumping a median but in neither case did I end up on the wrong side of the road.

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
This is where peoples' outrage should be placed, at $80 those were probably some really nice pants, probably had a little stretch to them so they fit well.
Wait, Louisville police buy their own uniform pants? Or was this cop not in uniform?

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Very good. ESPN’s own article even states the events that transpired are still in dispute. Like I said, I’ll wait for the full investigation to conclude before drawing conclusions.
You keep saying this but then you also continue to reference the police report (which is trying to cover their own ass) and downplaying the eyewitness accounts from the reporters that were on the scene. You clearly have an agenda so just give it up.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I’m happy he was arrested. I’m sick of people doing this on 235 everyday too. Wish DMPD would do the same. Wait your turn you arrogant ****. And listen to police commands.. it’s that easy.
Blatantly obvious what happened. Dude was worried about missing his tee time in 4 hours so pulled the " " I don't have time for this ****", pulled out to go around everyone else disobeying police, then tried to pull the " Do you have any idea who I am?" card, then likely got physical with an officer.

You see that kind of stuff all the time with wrecks or construction zones.
You two gentlemen don't know what happened and are being overly judgemental, IMO.

It's OK to just let this settle, share your opinion with kindness, and not talk about what you do not know. We all make mistakes and most likely mistakes were made on both sides here.

Give the guy a break.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Scottie going to shoot a 59 today.
66, not too shabby. And I saw his post round interview. He handled that with class and foremost, with sorrow and reverence for the killed pedestrian.

Just a very strange day in the life of a golfer, trying to do his job and compete in a major, and strange for the PGA.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Looking forward to the lawsuit from Scottie. Hopefully he goes for their pensions.
It could happen. He just doesn't strike me as the sort of person that would do that though. I don't think he'll be vindictive (if that's the right word), even if only a small part was his fault.

He will want the focus to be on lost individual who was killed, and his family, then the sport of golf and the PGA. I'm pretty sure he will take the high road, based on the little that I know of him and what I have seen of him so far. He seems like a high character guy.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
These guys just think they can do what they want. The Gen Z age group and lower cause all the issues… they grew up in a society that they can’t wait their turn and don’t think about anyone other than themselves.
Oh please, I don't like cops anymore than anyone else, I also don't like arrogant pricks who think they are above the law either.
Whelp, I guess that settles it.

"
I want to tell you
My head is filled with things to say
When you're here
All those words, they seem to slip away"

tinsley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2009
Correct. I heard on the radio early this morning when details were still sketchy he jumped the median. There wasn’t one. But he did drive on the wrong side of the road. If you jump the median, guess what happens? You drive on the wrong side of the road. Amazing how that works
Your gas lamp is burning hot tonight

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Very good. ESPN’s own article even states the events that transpired are still in dispute. Like I said, I’ll wait for the full investigation to conclude before drawing conclusions.

Not in dispute amongst observers. Dispute is between observers and police department. We have had many, many false police department reports over the recent past. Police Departments have covered up for officers and lied. Only to be found guilty of lying after evidence surfaces that the police department was not able to cover up. We have a lot of great officers. But department policy seems to be just lie and give cover to the bad ones.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Not in dispute amongst observers. Dispute is between observers and police department. We have had many, many false police department reports over the recent past. Police Departments have covered up for officers and lied. Only to be found guilty of lying after evidence surfaces that the police department was not able to cover up. We have a lot of great officers. But department policy seems to be just lie and give cover to the bad ones.
That’s my issue. People are using this generalization and automatically applying it to this case just hours after it occurred. Did that happen here? Possibly. But I don’t like it when people jump to that conclusion. That’s my point.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Did the ESPN reporter who witnessed this whole thing mention the cop getting dragged a few feet?

That's the only thing where I might find any fault whatsoever with Scottie in this whole thing.

DSM4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2006
Altoona, IA
You can tell who in here has never dealt with a cop on a power trip before.
Yep. I’ve only had one personal interaction with a cop before while on the job (I feel very lucky) and he was way over-the-top. Definitely a guy who just enjoyed having power over others. No reasoning with the guy was going to be possible.

We also have a good friend who is a deputy sheriff, so I know there are lots of good cops. Unfortunately, people who are bad cops can do very bad things because of their legal power and the fact that they can apply lethal force.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The kicker to this situation is that Harmon is in Scottie’s group so the whole world is going to have to suffer through his ridiculous pre-shot antics while watching Scottie.
The next time I play to emulate Harmon. I love his pre-shot club articulations!

He's actually pretty entertaining, but I haven't seen that much of him.